Author Topic: Another Project Taking Shape  (Read 2076 times)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
on: October 29, 2015, 06:40:46 pm
Not quite sure whether this one belongs here or in the Iron Barrel Bullet section in view of its part indian composition, but the frame is from Redditch, so it is going in here!

After losing my wife to cancer last year I took on another project for some therapy. It had to be another single, and what with the Electra-X and the AVL hybrid being such a blast, it had to be another RE. It could very easily have been another 500 AVL engined bike, and I was all set to build one when I thought no, been there, done that, (sorry, Bill!) how about something on THESE lines?

Now if I could get a period Redditch frame and a one of the famous Big Head cylinder heads, there would at least be the basis for a reasonable tribute bike, as I would not be looking to build an exact replica - something very much in the spirit of the original, but with some definite improvements. What should I call it? how about the Not a Fury?

Long story short, it finally started looking like a motorcycle just a couple of weeks ago:

some fiddling with stainless steel fenders (and a spare gas tank thrown on for effect - I have another one all painted up ready to go) brings the story to here:

The large front fender looks a little odd until you realise it's what the British factories fitted to a lot of the late 60's bikes that we sold you  - check this Series 1A Interceptor picture I found on David Blasco's blog :

The engine was built by none other than Bullet Whisperer, so I'll post some of his build pics and a bit more technical info in due course. Meanwhile there is still a lot to do - wiring & electrics, transmission/clutch, control cables. etc. All this will keep me busy for a while longer.

Regards,

A.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:01:39 am by Adrian II »
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 08:47:35 pm
Looking really good, Adrian!
 8)
Home of the Fireball 535 !

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 10:16:09 pm
A+!  Can't wait to see it come together...

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 02:47:56 pm
Sorry to hear bout your wife ADRIAN.

The bike is off to a grand start!
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'