Author Topic: Rattle can match (close) 2009 met. blue  (Read 2043 times)

kd1yt

• Scooter
on: October 21, 2015, 10:26:59 pm
Does anyone know a way to figure out a close match rattle-can paint color for the factory 2009 dark metallic blue (it's a dark/deep metallic blue with almost a barely detectable hint of purple) on my AVL Electra? I don't need an exact-exact match beacuse I will be painting a fuel tank and it won't be directly next to other painted metal, and the tank and the headlight/ instrument nacelle will be the only parts in this color on the bike (the nacelle is still this factory blue, which I like- fenders are 'scrambler' aluminum). Best of all is if anyone can point me to a way to get a (close to) matching rattle can paint that can resist fuel spills since this will be on the fuel tank. Or a rattlecan clearcoat that is fuel resist to put over the base color. Thanks in advance!

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 09:11:09 pm
RE has factory original paint in airasol cans.  It's not cheap but it matches.  Maybe Nfeildgear carries it?
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:48:31 am
 Call them.
They have had factory paints on hand before.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

finbullet

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:49:16 am
You could go to a store which sells auto paints and ask them to mix the color and put it in an aerosol can.