Author Topic: Not quite right  (Read 7644 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 12:34:17 pm
Maybe that's because a lot of we Brits believe in the individual being responsible enough to carry out pre-ride checks, so we don't see the need for cut-out switches, or lights you can't turn off either. Just saying.

A lot of US illiterate Americans feel that way also. We, too, don't like lights we can't turn off when we want them off or side stands that kill our engines at random times. It's our safety-nanny, over-reaching government that does that, not the riders.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 05:56:33 pm
and we still have our guns!
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 08:38:52 pm
Some of us even pay attention, and use common sense all by ourselves!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #33 on: October 26, 2015, 10:25:57 pm
Some of us even pay attention, and use common sense all by ourselves!

Not so loud.

Some of our bosses think we possess some sort of super hero power.
 ;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:35 pm
I wouldn't worry about it too much - those fuck wit Australians are much worse with the insults... ;D

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #35 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:12 pm
I think the best idea is a tach. Does anyone have ideas on one that is not too expensive as I want to install one on my 2015 military ? My Alfa Romeo only has one instrument directly in front of the driver and that is a tach. Alfa engines produce most power above 4000 rpm so it is critical to keep revs. up. The point is a tach. is much more important than a speedo.
A speedo is required to keep from getting expensive speeding tickets. a Tach is unnecessary for riders with normal hearing.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 12:06:22 am
Hey Bill I've been to Oz once, almost ended up in jail. They ask if I had any thing to declare when I got off the plane guns, drugs, boozed or felonies. They seem insulted when I answered no guns, drugs or booze and I didn't think a felony was required to get in anymore.  ;D   
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel