Author Topic: L&L Classic Cycle  (Read 1541 times)

mtrue77

• Scooter
on: October 08, 2015, 03:41:43 pm
Although my day ended with some sadness yesterday (Pirates lost to Cubs in the NL Central wildcard game), most of the day was pretty good.  I made the 180-mile trip from Pittsburgh to Hubbard, OH and back.  My 2009 AVL Bullet had some problems, mostly due to inattention by me.  Dry battery, a broken bracket that is supposed to hold the muffler to the frame, severe rattling resulting from the nut backing off the bolt that holds the gas tank to the frame (I had noticed the rattling, but had not discovered the cause). I thought I was going to freeze on the way up.  Despite all the leather, riding at 60 mph on the interstate, early morning under a thick, damp cloud cover, the cold was getting to me.   Matt noticed my discomfort, and fired up the coffee pot.  Matt and Jerry (L&L) fired up their cigars, and we all sat down around my motorcycle which Jerry had put on the lift.  After four hours of chatting about motorcycles, road trips, and a little about woodworking, all the problems were fixed (including a few I hadn't noticed) and I had made mental notes of the advice and explanations I had received.  The temperature was up, and the clouds were mostly gone.  Matt suggested a state road routing back to Pittsburgh.  I enjoy rolling hills through farm land and old towns along the way.  Rode through Beaver Falls.  Depressed area, but in a little park in the middle of town, there's a little sign that reads "Hometown of Joe Namath Pro Football Hall of Famer."  I was never a fan.  I preferred Johnny Unitas, though he was years past his prime when I was a child. 
Ten minutes into my ride home, what I noticed was how well my motorcycle was operating.  I was compelled to pull off the road to call Matt to thank him and Jerry again.  There are plenty of motorcycle shops in and around Pittsburgh, but in the middle of a 180-mile trip to L&L Classic Cycle, I get far more than I ever have to pay for.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:50:00 pm by mtrue77 »
Michael T
Pittsburgh, PA
2009 AVL