Author Topic: Fireball ASBO Bullet 500 racer wins 3rd Place in British Historic Racing Series!  (Read 1881 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
For those of you who did not catch this news in the Iron Barrel Forum, we have some exciting results to report!

Happy to report that our favorite racing team and their F.A.B. 500 (Fireball ASBO Bullet 500 ) has won the 3rd Place points standing for the 2015 British Historic Racing Championship Series!
This machine, owned and campaigned by the Henshaws of Performance Classics in Wales, is equipped with an ACE Roller Rocker racing Big Head, which helped achieve higher power levels that assisted in propelling the team to this prestigious finish for the season.

With this 3rd Place points tally for the racing season this year, the 500 finished ahead of all the Norton Manx competitors, and only the two fastest Matchless /Seeley G50 short stroke machines scored higher points totals.
At the present time, this Fireball ASBO Bullet 500 is the fastest and most powerful Royal Enfield Bullet that retains the original 84mm x 90mm bore/stroke dimensions.

We are very happy and proud to be associated with this team and their achievement in the vintage racing scene in the UK.

Looking forward to an even better season next year!

Congratulations Paul, Ian, and Dave!

Tom
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie

Wooo Hoooooo  !!!!!!                     Congratulations Team Henshaw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No matter where you go, there, you are.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Very cool!
And many kudos to you, Tom, for your contribution to it! ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Cool!
Thanks!

I posted that video on our Ace forum just now!
 ;D

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
For those of you who may not follow vintage racing, beating a Norton under any circumstances with any bike is a tough job. Almost unheard of with an RE. Speaks pretty highly of this effort.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Amazing! Well done and congratulations!
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Thanks everyone!
 It was a challenging season, with four bikes to campaign - the two larger Royal Enfields of our own, plus Steve Cotrell's 250 Crusader and Dave Darby's fast but highly strung Ducati 250!
 There have been blow ups, crashes, hasty rebuilds and even nearly punch ups this season, but it all came out better than anyone expected in the end.
 We have the aftermath of a broken crankpin to deal with on the F.A.B. 500 - not nearly as much damage as could have happened actually resulted and we got off pretty lightly.
 The 350 was the only RE machine to come home in running order, but I want to shift the power band higher up the rev range if possible.
 The Crusader, Steve tells me has a shot big end and possible gearbox troubles and the Ducati remains highly strung  ;D
 The 500's crank is already receiving attention at Alpha Bearings  ;)
 B.W.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
The 500's crank is already receiving attention at Alpha Bearings  ;)

Are they fitting another stepped crank pin same as before, or will the crank be bored out for fitting the modern type of pin?

A.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
I am almost bursting to reply with what could happen, as something could be in the pipeline, but enough said for now, until I know for sure  ;)
 B.W.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
I am almost bursting to reply with what could happen, as something could be in the pipeline, but enough said for now, until I know for sure  ;)
 B.W.

It sounds very exciting!
I'm now bursting to hear the news too!
 ;D

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
congratulations all  !!!
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage