Author Topic: fools on the road  (Read 5051 times)

HUdson51

• Scooter
on: October 05, 2015, 04:05:15 am
I post this story to alert all riders to the dangers lurking over our shoulders. I was just accelerating from a stop sign at normal speed ( 2nd gear @ 20m.p.h.) and some elderly "gentlemen" in a Lexus decided I wasn't accelerating fast enough and passes on a double yellow line. He then decided to cut right into me and luckily I was able to avoid him because we were still at slow speed. I caught up to him at the next light and we had a very pleasant conversation. He now sports a rather noticeable dent in his r.r. quarter panel were I planted my fist. I hate violence but he pushed over the edge and I have told myself I will not respond that  way again. Just relaying this story to remind all riders to be allways aware of what is going on around you!

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 04:17:51 am
I agree with you action - I too don't like lexus cars!

tenacres650

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:29:57 am
if you did that in some northern suburbs of Melb now you'd likely have a gun pulled on you!!

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:28:45 am
just because I don't like lexus....lol

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 02:52:37 pm
I agree with scooter.  Not a smart thing to do.  If you don't get shot you could be arrested for vandalism and road rage.  That could cost a lot in time in court, lawyer fees and fines.  If someone screws with you on the road and does not hurt you or your bike, just let them go. After cooling off a bit, you will realize that taking a chance messing with someone driving a machine 10 times your mass just isn't a very smart idea. They will get theirs eventually.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 03:05:12 pm
Plenty of videos out there showing examples of what happens when road rage takes over.
Don't let it happen to you. Just be cool, move on, and enjoy the rest of the ride.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 06:22:14 pm
I used to joke about blue haired ladies, saying "just pull over until they're gone" as they can be totally unpredictable.
  Here in "GODS WAITING ROOM" (Florida) lots of folks to OLD to be driving still drive. They are arriving now in droves from up north.
  This week what appeared to be a driverless car crowded me in my lane until I honked, causing them to almost run off the road to the other side-into the median. It was actually a little old woman, so small & shrunken she was looking through the steering wheel.
  Also this week, standing in line at the post office, I saw a little old lady out front, take several minutes to just get into her CADILLAC,  Having accomplished this, she had a rope to pull the door closed - AND I WAS AFFRAID!  Like I said about blue hair......
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Sebastiaan56

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 05:59:24 am
A couple of weeks ago I was cruising down Springwood Rd looking to turn right (rest of world please translate as left) and approaching the marked turn off lane, indicated and went to move into the turning lane. I was a bit shocked to see the speeding green P plater (ie provisional license of <2 years) diving in and already occupying the space I was turning into. A couple of choice words later and he was gone.

I let him go, karma will catch up with him.

JohnDL

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 06:56:37 pm
This is what can happen if you confront a careless car driver. It's not worth it.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/02/motorcyclist-tells-driver-to-stop-texting-driver-responds-by-knocking-him-off-his-bike-5226013/

John

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 02:50:03 am
ACE Motors - sales & administration

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 10:11:48 am
OH BOY! Where can I get one?  ;D
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 04:01:39 pm
At the end of the video, there's the contact info. "Suburban Auto Group". Just having one is a great source of peace.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 09:52:44 pm
I've only been riding 600 miles but I had a kid in a Mitsubishi swerving like he was in an autocross race right on my ass! I was doing 25 in a residential 25 mph zone. After a few seconds he passed me while giving me the finger then he had to do a panic stop because the road came to a tee. 

I knew I should pull over until he went away but I couldn't resist pulling along side and staring at him. I couldn't understand what the skinny little runt was screaming but he really did not like me for some reason.  I had to wonder afterword what he would have done to me if we were on the open road?  He was bad news looking for a place to happen.
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 09:58:42 pm
The best Instant Karma happened when I was a firefighter, I was driving to a call, busting traffic as we called it, and there was a kotthead right on my butt for about 1/2 a mile, he was sneaking through the lights and all. What he failed to notice was the police car on HIS butt! Found out later the driver was DUI and had suspended license BUT he did get a free ride...to jail! 
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

phoenixt

• Grease Monkey
  • "All that is rare is for the rare" Nietzsche
Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 11:44:05 pm
You'd be surprised how much better everyone behaves when you have a camera on your helmet. I have a Sony Action cam that mounts to the side of my helmet. I had it on the top but not only did it look goofy (at least to me), it acted like a head rudder when I turned my head.

Now the wife will know who to sue if I ever get taken out by an errant or irate motorist.

Actually around here it seems the young people are a little more cautious and well mannered. The worst is late Friday afternoon when everybody is rushing about for home and fun. Then they are distracted and in a hurry.

Steve

“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.”
― Viktor E. Frankl