Author Topic: Getting my sixty five project restarted  (Read 1889 times)

dre4300

• Scooter
on: September 30, 2015, 07:39:40 pm
Hello all. This is my first posting in a number of years. After a crazy busy period in life (break-up, opening my second business, new love interest, baby, selling business, fatherhood,and moving now twice) I am reinvesting time in finishing my enfield project. I started stripping my motorcycle down and moving all the switch gear to the toolbox, replacing the levers and throttle with vintage controls. I added a solo seat and ditched the fenders. That is how it sat for four long years. The plan has always been a cafe racer. Now I am doubling down on the plan. New tank. Done. Gone are the toolboxes, the starter, the battery. It will be kickstart running a Boyer Bransen powerbox and ignition. No key just a hidden run/kill switch and a giant chain to lock it up. Turn signals are gonna be my left arm. I have a bunch of questions. Hopefully I dont pester everyone too much.

pknopp

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 12:18:20 am
 I like what I can see of it.
2000 Dlx

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 01:53:05 am
Welcome home.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

dre4300

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 03:57:16 am
Thanks all. Good to be back. Right now i am trying to sort out the proper wiring for the bike. I contacted boyer bransden about my project and got a diagram for running batteryless but am still confused. They show a 2 wire alternator in the schematic. As a 05/06 (04 mfg date) I have a 4 wire alt in there now. I think I am supposed to use the two purple leads with the powerbox. I know the yellow and orange leads are for the headlight and use their own regulator. Can I eliminate the headlight circuit from the boyer diagram and just go to the run/kill switch? What then is the difference between the orange and yellow wires? The light regulator does not seem to have a "in/out" directionality but rather just splices into the orange and yellow leads respectively. Can I wire the pilot lights and the tail run/brake lights where the boyer diagram has them (both LED) and use a replica lucas switch for the headlight high and low? If so how would I wire the switch?