Author Topic: Royal Enfield Favorite Ride to date...and why  (Read 4175 times)

Mulga Bill

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 12:42:36 pm
Favourite ride so far was this am about 150miles around Mt Warning and the Tweed Valley in Northern New South Wales ( Australia). Lots of twisties, turns and hills. Luckily it's not Drop Bear breeding season otherwise it would be unsafe under the mating trees. No snakes either but a great coffee to finish off.
2015 C5 Classic Black

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 03:06:47 pm
Nothing like a cup of coffee after finishing off a snake.  :)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Mike_D

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 10:18:36 pm
I've ridden over 5K miles in India and Nepal.  It'd be impossible for me to pick the best ride from that trip.  The Spiti Valley, Ladakh it is all unreal.  South India is pretty great as well, I can remember some spectacular rides in Karnataka.

Here in New York, I ride often in Harriman State park.  There is great riding in the Hudson Valley and the Catskills as well.  I've had some unforgettable rides up there and do my best to go as often as possible

People always say: riding in the city must suck, and for the most part they are right.  However, when I read the OP's question I can't help but think about my Friday night rides after welding class this summer.  830PM sun setting, over the Brooklyn Bridge with a great view of the new WTC.  Then up the FDR with the engine echoing off the side walls as the UN and Midtown come into view.  I exit and take the outer roadway of the Queensbridge, look back down the East River, Rose Island and the sun has almost set.  Through LIC then back to Brooklyn.  It's only a 20-30 minute ride but every one of those rides were the perfect ride.  No traffic, de-stressing,  great scenery and a chance put my bike and myself to the test.

Sometimes the best rides are unexpected.

phoenixt

• Grease Monkey
  • "All that is rare is for the rare" Nietzsche
Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 11:11:51 pm
Quote from: Mike_D link=topic=22529.msg254612#msg254612 date=144407991
Sometimes the best rides are unexpected.
[/quote

That is so true for lot more in life than just bikes.

Steve
“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.”
― Viktor E. Frankl