Author Topic: Rain and more rain...  (Read 2389 times)

SirStanley

• Scooter
on: September 27, 2015, 04:54:01 pm
Maggie was freshly serviced, sporting a new look for fall and ready to make the 100+ mile round trip to the nearest DGR... but the rain halted our plans.

I thought I'd post a few pictures to show off her new look. I really dig it. Lots of time spent on stupid little things most will never notice, but they make me smile.

Happy Sunday, fine folks!

pknopp

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 05:54:15 pm
 Nice......I've been thinking about going with the separate headlight set up.
2000 Dlx

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:10:02 pm
One slight word of warning. Keep a careful eye on the loop of the rear mudguard carrier just aft of the hole where the upper shock mount bolts through. When I had that set up, both sides cracked through, dropping the mudguard down towards the tire. Trust me, no matter what you want to believe or whatever Hitchcock's or CMW says to the contrary, that carrier CAN NOT support the weight of a passenger without incurring damage. There's plenty more to this story if you're interested.

Your bike sure is pretty though. Just my style. Best of luck with her.
Chuck.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 12:33:24 am
Excellent !

The red stripes on the rims are a very nice touch too.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 01:28:13 am
Nice......I've been thinking about going with the separate headlight set up.

That was one of the first jobs I did when customizing my Electra-X, using the same top yoke as the one shown here, though I find the 50's style headlamp brackets set that ally casting off much better (IMHO) than the cafe racer version. However, the bike shown here obviously IS a cafe racer, so this is all part of The Look, but don't be afraid to mix'n'match. Fitting a separate headlamp is only a cosmetic preference, so you want to make sure it really does look better after you have spent the $$$ and the time doing it.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

SirStanley

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 02:38:02 pm
Thanks for the kind words - and the warning about the rear carrier! The two-up set up is totally an aesthetic choice, my wife couldn't be less interested in riding on a motorbike.
However, I do sometimes scoot way back on the seat to stretch out my back. I'll keep this warning in mind.

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 03:52:42 pm
SirStanley,

Beautiful bike! It looks like almost my bikes twin!
 I have the same seat and though I've never had a pillion I do the same thing to stretch my back and have had no problems yet with the bracket.
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

fxrskrsa

• Scooter
  • Yes, shrubberies are my trade. I am a shrubber.
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 08:14:09 pm
Fine looking machine you have there sir !!
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.