Author Topic: Ace Canister  (Read 2385 times)

mumblemouth

• Scooter
on: September 25, 2015, 05:08:53 am
Hello my dudes and dudettes...I am once again in need of your expertise. So I have the ace canister for my '12 C5. I got it all mocked on there and everything seems fine. However with the canister installed it pushes on the the throttle cables a bit. Which is cause the throttle to stick open. Anything from 1/2 to WOT, it'll stick open. I've tried adjusting the cable at both the handlebars and at the throttle. But can get it straightened out. Has anyone had the same issue by chance? Thanks!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:38:20 am
There is a small amount of ability to adjust the rubber connector hose in the canister to allow the canister to be angled a bit in either direction. This may help.
Also, some adjustment by bending the canister bracket may alleviate the issue.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:34:02 pm
I didn't have the Ace canister but I had stick throttle cables.  I removed the fuel tank and seat to make the process easier.  Then I re-routed the cables until it was perfect.  With the tank and seat out of the way it much easier to get to things and make small adjustments. Just have a big bag of zip ties you can use to hold everything in place as you work.

Scott

mumblemouth

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 05:44:27 pm
There is a small amount of ability to adjust the rubber connector hose in the canister to allow the canister to be angled a bit in either direction. This may help.
Also, some adjustment by bending the canister bracket may alleviate the issue.

I've tried bending the bracket so the canister is tilted a bit to no avail. It's almost like it's just a bit too tall. I'll try to send a picture later today when I get off work.

mumblemouth

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 05:45:33 pm
I didn't have the Ace canister but I had stick throttle cables.  I removed the fuel tank and seat to make the process easier.  Then I re-routed the cables until it was perfect.  With the tank and seat out of the way it much easier to get to things and make small adjustments. Just have a big bag of zip ties you can use to hold everything in place as you work.

Scott

If all else fails, maybe I'll try completely rerouting the cables completely. Thanks as always.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 06:07:31 pm
I've tried bending the bracket so the canister is tilted a bit to no avail. It's almost like it's just a bit too tall. I'll try to send a picture later today when I get off work.
Ok, I would like to see the pic.

So far, nobody else has reported this issue, so maybe it won't be too hard to cure.

mumblemouth

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 06:46:08 pm
Ok, I would like to see the pic.

So far, nobody else has reported this issue, so maybe it won't be too hard to cure.

Yeah I think not. Adjusting the cables I can get to where the throttle gets stuck at half open instead of fully..but it always still snags. I'll get that photo though as soon as I get home. Thanks for the help.

mumblemouth

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 01:01:43 am
I have a picture..but I actually have no idea how to post it here.

mumblemouth

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 01:02:08 am
I can email it to ya, ace, if you like.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 01:08:14 am
I can email it to ya, ace, if you like.
\Okay.

ace.cafe@yahoo.com