Author Topic: Hitchcocks Mirror extenders  (Read 2138 times)

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
on: December 04, 2018, 04:07:01 am
Got my Hitchcock's package on Thursday and last night I finally installed my mirror extenders. I am 6'1" and around 204 naked....but usually ride with clothes on, and I simply can't see cars that are behind me unless I tweak my elbows and and I end up moving my head from side to side to get a peek. With the extenders, the problem is solved! Simple modification and it does wonders for safety, for roughly $27. They are very nicely made with SS hardware and I tried one on the right side to compare to just the standard mirror on the left. For some reason there is less vibration with the extended mirror. It makes no sense to me but it must be damping some frequency that gets the mirrors dancing. Some pics and a link follow. And yes, I know my brake cylinder is ground down....from my crash. I will replace it over the holidays.
9fingers
http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/Mirror-Extensions/21792

Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:30:57 pm
Lucky it's not leaking.

Did you order the parts along with your other goodies?

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 09:07:45 pm
Yes, it is very close to leaking, but did not. And I bought the replacement from our our hosts on this forum, off of Ebay. I haven't bled brakes since around 1975 but I know it is not difficult. A winter project for me. Yesterday may have been my last ride till April or May. In the 30's (f) for the next couple of weeks and not likely to be above 45 for a long time. 45 F is about my limit, or maybe a little lower if it is sunny.
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350