Author Topic: clutch and neutral question  (Read 3595 times)

parvo

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 01:06:22 am
Thanks guys. I drove it around this afternoon and it seems to be working fine. It must have been user error  :o

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 04:01:36 pm
Phil,
You are right. I thought about that as well. It did occur to me though that others would read the post and maybe I should give more detail. It was a judgement call for better or worse. You are correct, sometimes more information is not as good as less
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

scooberton

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 11:40:51 pm
Hey Vince.Have you had any personnel experience with a bike that has part # Z90543 installed?The info I just read about the part indicates that shifting could be a little harder{stiffer or more resistance at the shifter?} The sales info. also indicated that this kit is for 4SPD left hand shift models,Im assuming that they are refering a bike that has a left hand shift mechanism and that there not refering the clutch lever being on the left side.As my bike has the shift lever on the right side  it sounds like this kit is out for me.If anyone can verify that, there input would be most appreciated for if this is a good kit that will fit on a right side shift bike and is a good product that will really improve the shifting characteristic, I would like to know this.Any thoughts anyone?cangrejopup

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 12:39:43 am
     This bushing kit is for the linkage from the left side pedal cross over to the right side. If you already have the pedal on the right side (the brake pedal would be on the left), then this kit would not be usable. It works great on that linkage, however. It really improves shifting.