Author Topic: Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2015  (Read 3419 times)

MotoMike

• Scooter
on: August 26, 2015, 12:31:01 am
Anyone taking part in this year's Distinguished Gentleman's Ride? I registered to ride in NYC on September 27th! Here's a link to my profile and blog if interested!

https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/michaelpaulcarr

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.
'12 Bullet G5 Deluxe

Rich Mintz

• Grand Gearhead
  • Daily rider in the city
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:16:08 am
Hi Mike -- I'll probably be riding with this group:

http://www.meetup.com/The-NYC-Triumph-and-Brit-Bike-Riders-Group/events/224849862/

It's a very informal Meetup group that's mostly Triumphs. I rode with them two years ago, and they glommed onto a larger group of riders from NYC. We did a circuit around the city and ended up at a beer garden in Soho. It ended up being a lot of fun and I met new people.

(You should join this Meetup group anyway; they're very friendly to us few Enfield people.)

Warning: My Enfield isn't roadworthy at the moment, so I'll probably be riding my SYM Wolf 150. Since the Wolf is basically a clone of a Honda CB125, an honest classic bike if there ever was one, I'm OK with that. :)

Rich Mintz - New York City
richmintz@richmintz.com
2010 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 • 2015 SYM Symba
[/URL]

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 01:20:31 am
Mike - Is that a pic of you and Henry on your DGR page?

Not sure what's happening with your rear fender/tail light unit... but that's a great pic of you two guys working on your bike! 

MotoMike

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:06:30 am
Mike - Is that a pic of you and Henry on your DGR page?

Not sure what's happening with your rear fender/tail light unit... but that's a great pic of you two guys working on your bike!

Haha, Yes at RSS. He was helping me with a performance kit install. We had to remove the entire subframe in order to take the seat off. That was to install the power commander. So the rear fender was just resting on the tire. Frustrating process!
'12 Bullet G5 Deluxe

MotoMike

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:01:36 am
Hey Rich,

Sounds cool. I will look into that group and hopefully see you out there! Too bad your bullet is out of commission.  :(
'12 Bullet G5 Deluxe

alladinko

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 01:46:50 am
mike! you are the dude on Conselyea? with your silver shiny bullet? i'm block or two from you on the same street, in brooklyn moto garage with my army green monster :) i knew about you plus my new garage mate is your friend too, or you know each other. when i'm out riding, on my way back i sometimes ride next to your garage to see if you are in to say hi. but sofar no luck.

i'll keep trying or let's just set up some day/time and meet if you want. my name is peter
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2014 Royal Enfield Classic Military
1976 Kawasaki KZ 750
1977 Honda CB 550 SS

MotoMike

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 12:53:50 am
mike! you are the dude on Conselyea? with your silver shiny bullet? i'm block or two from you on the same street, in brooklyn moto garage with my army green monster :) i knew about you plus my new garage mate is your friend too, or you know each other. when i'm out riding, on my way back i sometimes ride next to your garage to see if you are in to say hi. but sofar no luck.

i'll keep trying or let's just set up some day/time and meet if you want. my name is peter

Hey Peter,
Unfortunately, you got me mixed with another Bulleteer. I'm actually in jersey city. I wish I had my own garage, lol. Hope to see you at the DGR!
'12 Bullet G5 Deluxe

alladinko

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 02:02:38 pm
hah! :D not many of you silver bulleteers out there (or I'm not aware of) - alright, i keep riding around the other guys garage to meet him :D and i hopefully meet you at the ride. and as Rich said - go sign to that meetup group, rich is there, i'm there and that would be all considering enfielders. the rest are triumphs and other various :) BUT - everybody welcome, the group is great
2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2014 Royal Enfield Classic Military
1976 Kawasaki KZ 750
1977 Honda CB 550 SS