Author Topic: Thanks to Everyone, I Think.  (Read 1905 times)

DRWATSON

• Scooter
on: August 17, 2008, 07:18:49 pm
     Just pulled the trigger on a Final Edition, iron barrel black classic yesterday! Will pick it up Thursday. I've been lurking on these boards for a long time trying to decide if I really wanted an Enfield, and one with the iron barrel. Finally got tired of having motorcycles with no personality. I missed my old bikes with the kick start. Now my garage will have a Bajaj Chetak (90 plus mpg) a Kawasaki Concours and the Enfield.  The wife is already complaing she can't get in the garage so I guess I'll have an all Indian stable. Thanks again for great Info.

Mike in NE Tennessee

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 07:33:38 pm
Congratulations!

I'll bet there are alot more lurkers out there, thinking about doing the same thing.

I'm glad you got yours before the iron barrels were all gone!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Slider

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 08:08:28 pm
Congrats!

Same for me, '08 black Classic iron, hope to have it this week. Info acquired here helped me make my choice.

I must retreat to my place of Zen and meditate on this.

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 02:00:42 pm
Got mine in May and been having fun on it ever since.  Love it!  It provides IMHO motorcycling as it was meant to be--the kinda thing that puts a great big smile on yer face as you ride!  These iron barrel guys are neat! 8)
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 11:02:10 pm
Welcome aboard you new guys!!!
Get used to being asked questions by bystanders!  :o

I go out with mates who ride BMW 1150 BoxerCup racers, BMW1200GS's Yamaha MT01 1700cc V twins etc etc. All their bikes are lovely and each is worth five times what my Enfield is, but it is 'Harry (the Enfield) that gets the looks/questions outside any cafe we use!!!!!
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin

Peter

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 01:26:59 am
Congratulations! You made an excellent choice.
The Bullet is just a blast to ride, and with the old engine it is just about as good as a classic motorcycle can get.

You probably got the very last one.  ;)

Enjoy,
Peter

DRWATSON

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 04:06:00 pm
Thanks, Guys Got the bike on Thursday and have just been able to run it around the neighborhood as I don't have a tag yet. It sounds great and so far starts with one kick. I look forward to learning more about this bike from you more experienced Bulleteers.
Mike

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 02:33:48 am
DRWATSON, Lotusseven is right on the mark about questions and attention! I've had my Bullet for five years and not day goes by without someone asking about it. It's a wonderful contraption to ride and to tinker with. Even after five years, she still gives  me a thrill! It's the best antidepressant  ever created! Good luck and good riding. cochi