Author Topic: SectorSteve's engine trouble thread??  (Read 34165 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #120 on: September 24, 2015, 09:28:11 pm
The engine casing should be able to withstand a blown bearing. In this case it hasn't resulting in thousands of dollars on new cases because they are cheap cast rubbish.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #121 on: September 25, 2015, 12:54:54 am
steve
here's what I would do. sit the bike in the yard and forget about it. go out and buy either a sno kone or cotton candy machine.
with summer coming on target the local weekend markets selling either one of the above products and in less than 6 months you can earn enough money to go out and buy a new enfield or another bike of you choice.
actually if I was just chasing a brand new enfield I think I could easily do it in 3 months flat. 

JohnDL

• Grease Monkey
Reply #122 on: September 25, 2015, 01:10:54 pm
If it was me I'd get back in touch with Arun Gopal in India (Head of International Sales) and copy in this thread.

If RE care about their global reputation, I'd like to think they'd put things right for you as you originally were lead to believe.

John
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 05:17:44 pm by JohnDL »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #123 on: September 25, 2015, 02:07:09 pm
If it was me I'd get back in touch with Arun Gopal in India (Head of International Sales) and copy in this thread.

If RE care about their global reputation, I'd like to think they'd put thinks right for you as you originally were lead to believe.

John
I agree with that tactic.
I bet that the higher people in RE are not aware of what is going on with this.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

tenacres650

• Bulleteer
Reply #124 on: September 26, 2015, 12:26:25 am
and have opened a case with the Australian government over their extremely shoddy junk bikes. My aim is to hsve every single bike recalled.
Don't forget to tell them about the rear brake too, they take that seriously here, show them that others have also had it happen.
I was happy for you that RE were standing behind their bikes, after they told you they would help you, now after all this I'm not so sure I will keep mine long term. My first problem was that battery terminal, my dealer Eurobrit, has been telling RE about that for years and nothing has changed, it seems they don't want to do anything that would improve their bikes after all they have been making the same bike since the 40's, that might explain the brake failures.
Good luck

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #125 on: September 26, 2015, 02:03:24 am
guess I'd better go for that milk ;D

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #126 on: October 10, 2015, 05:11:25 am
Still waiting on engine parts from india that after all that are costing ablut 600 dollars. Its been months. Totally lost faith in RE and the bike.

JohnDL

• Grease Monkey
Reply #127 on: October 10, 2015, 10:16:40 am
I feel for you.

This is totally unacceptable. RE should've had this sorted for you months ago.

There's lots of potential new customers out there who are undecided about whether to buy an Enfield due to the perceived lack of quality and reliability.

If they read this thread they'll buy something else.

I hope you're back on the road soon.

John

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #128 on: October 10, 2015, 10:30:56 am
Thanks john. Yeah the romance certainly gone for me. Only suitable as a sparingly used 2nd bike. The dealing with RE has resulted in this costing more than a brand new engine from hitchcocks plus 3 months off the road.

tenacres650

• Bulleteer
Reply #129 on: October 11, 2015, 05:57:38 am
take them to vcat (small claims)or whatever you have in your state and sue them, they can't tell you they'll do something, have it cost you money, then change there mind about supplying the parts.
If they had of said right from the start sorry but we can't help it's out of warranty, you can understand that, but to be given this much grief from them is just not right!!

pmanaz1973

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #130 on: October 11, 2015, 04:06:22 pm
Sorry to hear that Steve. 

Disappointing and discouraging.  I hope RE picks up their warranty/customer service game or they will never make it in markets outside of India.  Sounds like you guys in Australia and NZ have a hell of a time with poor dealer support, inflated costs and poor parts availability for these bikes.

I love my RE, but as a $6,000 bike out the door here in the U.S.,  it is considered to be a cheap bike and still has a lot of convincing to do in order to break through the novelty market.

1984 XL350R
1991 XR250L
1976 Harley XLH 1000
1993 CBR 600
1976 Norton Commando 850
1972 BMW R75/5
2014 Royal Enfield C5

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #131 on: October 11, 2015, 07:08:25 pm
So the importer called over 2 weeks ago and said that they were sending the parts for 600. Dealers still recieved nothing. How long do i wait for these monkeys? How do i know they arent seafreighting?
Phoned importer Thursday. He said hed call me back with an answer. Ill phone today and if there is 1. If there isnt ill order bits which ive priced months ago from hitchcocks. The parts from them are about 200 more but they arrive in 7 days from uk.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #132 on: October 11, 2015, 08:04:06 pm
take them to vcat (small claims)or whatever you have in your state and sue them, they can't tell you they'll do something, have it cost you money, then change there mind about supplying the parts.
If they had of said right from the start sorry but we can't help it's out of warranty, you can understand that, but to be given this much grief from them is just not right!!

mate , I'm at that point now. this has already cost me thousands and i still haven't paid for the repair job and the parts. its costing more than the bikes worth for sure. wish the insurance covered engine failure. blown bearing all good. blown through the casing…not so, and not common.  cheap junk is what it is. unfortunately the cost to me wasn't/isnt cheap. these bikes are really only worth it if you buy them cheap. otherwise don't bother.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #133 on: October 12, 2015, 01:00:31 am
now here's what I'd do -
I'd tell them to stick their bike parts up their ass! order from hitchcocks and pay the extra $200 and don't have any more to do with them.
it's only $200 and could save you another months wait or more

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #134 on: October 12, 2015, 02:02:14 am

As of right now this thread has 134 posts and 2,655 views.

Have you emailed them a link to this thread yet ? 
No matter where you go, there, you are.