Author Topic: SectorSteve's engine trouble thread??  (Read 34156 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
on: July 31, 2015, 10:14:28 am
Wasn't it in this section?  Where'd it go?

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:18:50 am
Yes, I myself was just thinking that, so I posted another topic exactly like this one. And found that you can delete your own topic. I guess he must've done that.

But I wanted to read all the details. Now we can't discuss the cause of all that stuff  :o
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

tenacres650

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 01:15:01 pm
Glad I'm not the only one that couldn't find it.
maybe he'll let us know what happened

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 06:42:46 pm
Thank God it not just me....I thought helmet was too tight and cutting off circulation.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 09:09:18 pm
Hiya guys. I'm going to try get the Thread back up. I did delete it but I actually didn't mean to. Also Having real trouble finding the forum too. The community tab has gone and I have to google search Enfield motorcycles community to get to the forum.
I'm gonna give the distributor a call and see if there's anything they can do. I'm kinda stuffed really. I'd easily put the damage at about 5000+ to be repaired. More than  the bikes worth so really it's written off in my mind. On top of that I'm paying it off monthly for 2 more years.
What happened? It came out nowhere. It seems like a seal went , then a chain reaction leading to a stuffed bearing which damaged the casing. The stuffed casing in the problem. I don't really care about the bearing as such, but I'm blown away by the quality of the casing. When you see how brittle it is, it reminds me of a lot of the metal used on this bike. Poor quality.
The best thing about being an Enfield owner was this forum. Without it life would have been much harder!
I thank you all for your input that helped me understand the system.
Anyway. I'm bike less now. There'll be no getting that bike back on the road. I'll be giving away a lot of stuff, bazooka for one etc, so stay tuned.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:13:23 pm by Sectorsteve »

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 10:09:53 pm
Hiya guys. I'm going to try get the Thread back up. I did delete it but I actually didn't mean to. Also Having real trouble finding the forum too. The community tab has gone and I have to google search Enfield motorcycles community to get to the forum.

Get the CMW Home Page up.  Create a Shortcut to it on your Desk Top.

Then just call up the home page and click on Royal Enfield USA Community Forum.

Here's the Home Page:

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/           
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 11:11:07 pm
The word community is gone from  the homepage. This is the problem.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 11:49:14 pm
Steve if you click on the link given the US Community Forum should be right in the middle of the page, just under the big picture with the GT and next to the Sheffield link. I don't think there is a "tab" per se just a box you click in.

Sorry about your bike. There's no way you can find a new set of cases?
2012 Kawasaki Versys

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 12:00:13 am
Thanks you old coot!!  No disrespect.
Hmmmm new cases. That's basically rebuilding the engine isn't it?
The cost wouldn't be worth it. I'll see what re Australia say first. It's a 3 year old machine. This shouldn't happen. My Vespa and other bikes much older that I sold on are going strong after recon engines etc. but the case cracking and braking? I don't think that should happen.
The engine was the only thing I liked about the bike so that's it for me and re.

Steve if you click on the link given the US Community Forum should be right in the middle of the page, just under the big picture with the GT and next to the Sheffield link. I don't think there is a "tab" per se just a box you click in.

Sorry about your bike. There's no way you can find a new set of cases?

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 12:06:21 am
The community forum is gone from the website on my end. The option to select community forum etc is gone. I can only get here through Google now not the website.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 12:09:28 am
Well Sorry Steve I keep forgetting you're in OZ and not the USA. The site there could be different I don't know.

Anyway here's the link to the main board.

https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:43:23 am by The Old Coot »
2012 Kawasaki Versys

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 12:51:00 am
The word community is gone from  the homepage. This is the problem.

Yes. The "word" is gone from the top, BUT scroll down. There's a block there that sez Royal Enfield USA Community Forum. Click on it.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 12:53:42 am
Well Sorry Steve I keep forgetting you're in OZ and not the USA. The site there could be different I don't know.

Anyway here's the link to the main board.

https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php

There's only one website home page. What's the difference where he lives?

The link is down in the middle of the page. It's labelled.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 01:21:35 am
Steve, I'm in South Australia. the link to the forum from the CMW homepage works fine for me. Maybe try a different web browser and see what happens? Too bad about your cases. I'd be pitching it at the importer to find out if they'd like to help. Even though it's out of warranty, they might repair it anyway. The new importer has only taken over from Graham recently, be interesting to see the way they handle things.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 01:23:57 am by gizzo »
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 01:32:24 am
Hi gizzo. I found it! It moved(forum link)
Ive written to re india and my hope is that they will relay to re Australia and supply the cases.
Im happy to pay the labour costs which is about 1500. See what happens!
If not the old girl will be taking a long walk off a short pier....