Author Topic: Krusty's Continental GT  (Read 2041 times)

krusty

• Bulleteer
on: July 29, 2015, 05:23:14 pm
Hi chaps, thought I'd start a new topic as it's been 5 1/2 years since my last post!
I have been dreaming of the day I could afford my very own RE and that day is soon to come.
I put down a deposit on my new black Continental GT yesterday!!
I test rode both the Classic 500 and the CGT. The C500 made me smile but the CGT was another world of fun.
So my decision was made. The CGT now being available in black made it even easier, as it looks to my eye even better.
I've gone for bar end mirrors(not the RE ones) and the RE Sports Silencer. My dealer has kindly done these extras at no cost. I have been a long time customer and I didn't even push for a discount, so really pleased with the deal.
One thing I would like to change fairly soon is the brake/clutch levers to adjustable items. Has anybody here fitted the adjustable levers sold by Hitchcocks?
If not, I guess a review will be forthcoming!

Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue

iRideRoyalnVA

• Sole Proprietor of Bremo Synthetic Solutions
  • Grease Monkey
  • I sell AMSOIL!
Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:18:29 pm
A good dealer keeps his/her core customers happy.  Safe riding mate!
2014 Continental GT
Michael C Tolliver
Bremo Synthetic Solutions
Independent AMSOIL Dealer
Bremo Bluff, Virginia
www.lubedealer.com/bremosyntheticsolutions
Ride Hard! Run Cool!

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:57:21 pm
Hello Krusty, I remember you ! Welcome back and congrats on your CGT !

Keep the greasy side down  ;)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:06:42 pm
Cripes! I can hardly wait to pick up my new bike.
I keep reading about all the others on here and I think it's making it worse...but I can't stop.
Saturday can't come soon enough!
Krusty

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:14:48 pm
LOL...that's nothing. I bought mine on a late, rainy Monday afternoon after shopping for a diamond all day with my girl.

We just went to "look".

I got the plastic out when she said "I like it. Buy it". So I did.

I had to go out of town for 2 weeks the next day and couldn't pick it up until I got back.

Longest 2 weeks...EVER.

The hidden moral here guys?

Spend a lot of money on your girls. It enables you to spend even more on yourselves...
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 03:52:42 pm
Update time!
The weather in the UK has been changeable to say the least, so not been out as much as I would like.
On collection day (the last properly sunny day we've had) My mate came to pick me up on his Tiger 955i, He wasn't sure where we're going so I jokingly said "you better get on the back" he duly threw the keys at me.
So now excited beyond belief I'm now riding my mates pride and joy, with him breathing down my neck. Emotions were now mixed to say the least!
We got down to the shop for opening and did the final paper work and I split with the final payment. The sales guy did the walk round with me as a formality. Then it was time for the get to know you ride, my mate following.
50 miles later we got back to my place.
The silly grins and girly giggling that went on could have been quite embarrasing if it hadn't been concealed by my AGV full face.
Weather permitting I've been out 4/5 times and clocked up a meagre 160 miles. But with every 1 of those fun packed miles the bike gets better and better.
After the last ride of 50 miles or so, the bike has really improved. The engines sweet spot just seems to be getting broader, The bike as new was happiest between 2800-3100rpm, now with a few miles on it the engines more flexible through 2600-3400rpm range.
I do think the RE owners manual is a little conservative with the running in procedure for the CGT with it's more "sporting" state of tune.
The bike from day 1 rode well in 4th gear at 45/50mph.
It now feels totally happy in 5th at 3000rpm/55mph.

I haven't gone for the adjustable levers I mentioned in my earlier post as the ones on my bike feel just fine, the demo bikes clutch was adjusted with no free play so I think that made it feel awkward.
Any how I think £80 can be better spent on fuel, smiles and miles.

John
Krusty

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 03:57:56 pm
I forgot to mention, the AGV has been religated to commuting duties only, in favour of a Box JX2 open face and Held goggles for thumping about!
John
Krusty

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 04:11:11 pm
Glad you are enjoying your GT.
It is a beautiful bike!
 :)
Home of the Fireball 535 !