Author Topic: National Trials Event  (Read 1482 times)

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
on: July 13, 2015, 03:44:18 pm
I picked this off of www.romeoriders.com and thought it might be of interest to some on the forum:  On June 13th and 14th the National Observed Trials eastern championship will be held in Nehawka Nebraska which is just west of Lincoln Nebraska. All of the national ranked riders will be there. If you have never watched motorcycle observed trials in person you owe it to yourself to go watch this. Admission is only five dollars. It is a part of motorcycle riding that you seldom get to see up close and in person. You can literally stand two feet away from a rider who will climb an 8 feet vertical wall. This is the last one of the nationals to be held in the midwest...next year it moves to Tennessee. For more info go to mwta-trials.com.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:54:31 pm
This is on June 13th and 14th (which is a month ago)?

Although it was many years ago, I went to an observed trials that was held out in the Superstition Mountain area, East of Phoenix.
Many VERY LARGE boulders and twisty, turney little trails.

I was standing on top of a boulder watching when several people around me started hollering at me and flailing their arms.

At first, I didn't know what their trouble was but I moved towards them.
As I did, suddenly a trails motorcycles front wheel emerged over the edge of the boulder I had been standing on.  The motorcycle climbed up on top and stopped.  Without putting his feet down, he popped the clutch, raised the front wheel in the air, turned 90° to the right, let the front wheel down and proceeded to almost fall off the far side before proceeding on his very slow, way.
Totally unbelievable riding.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:46:10 pm
Oh Fudge, my bad, a little behind time.  romeoriders.com, first two letter stand for Retired Old so you got to cut me some slack.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 10:09:23 pm
Sounds like fun!  Except there's no way in hell I'm driving into Nebraska with Colorado plates.  No thank you.  ;)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King