Author Topic: My butt hurts.  (Read 2445 times)

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
on: July 11, 2015, 11:34:19 pm
I did just less than 200 miles today and ended up with a bit over 600 miles on the bike.  I am very pleased with the RE. It just keeps running better every time I ride it, I had a hard time keeping it under 55 today it just wanted to roll right on up to 60+ and felt relaxed doing it. I am still heat cycling the motor every hour or so I stop for a few minutes and let it cool down. My mileage is “Down” to about 76mpg I think there something wrong with the right handlebar end thingy seems to twist all the time!  ::)

I will say the Enfield Performance Exhaust System I ordered sounds sweet. There’s a nice deep THUMP THUMP when just putting along BUT get on the throttle and there’s a satisfying THUNDERING ROAR! Even a Bud on his H-D said it sounded great for “A little toy bike” Coming from him that IS high praise!

So why’s my butt hurt? The saddle doesn’t fit me very well at all. That said now begins the hunt for a saddle that both fits my butt and looks good on the bike.

I had to laugh, somewhat hungry, when I had to go over the Enfield Story three times before I could get into Bob Evens to eat and then twice more before I was able to get back on the road. It may not be a large bike, fast or loud but it sure draws attention. Two of the presentations were made to H-D riders who liked the RE quite a bit it seemed, one of the ladies even ask if she get her photo taken while sitting on it! I need to find out if there’s a commission on sales I make for the dealer.  ;)
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 11:47:16 pm
Sounds good, chum!

Although I have to chuckle when I read these reports of all the attention RE riders get - in the three years I've had mine, I can probably count the number of times I've had that experience on one hand.  Nobody in Maine or New Hampshire gives a rat's ass about these things.  So if you live in these two states, and you're looking for attention on your RE for your self-esteem... forget it!  Go about your business with any delays or distractions...  8)

pmanaz1973

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 04:28:03 am
Yup...a quite a few of us have modified, replaced and otherwise changed the seats to suit our derriere.  Funny, but my solution was to cut foam off the factory seat.  Harder is better for me....your milage may vary.

Here is a helpful link:
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php?topic=20202.0
1984 XL350R
1991 XR250L
1976 Harley XLH 1000
1993 CBR 600
1976 Norton Commando 850
1972 BMW R75/5
2014 Royal Enfield C5

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 01:39:32 pm
Thanks for the links I may have to try the "Slash & Burn" tack as I don't see anything out there that looks much better than shock OR like it'd be more comfy either. Like pmanaz1973 said I like my saddle hard. Both my Versys and KLR have Seat Concepts kits and both are +1 foam firmness and hard as rocks...I love them though! I find too soft a saddle is worse than too hard. After all you can always put a Airhawk on if it's the saddle is to hard but what do you do if it's too soft?
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 06:41:09 pm
Plywood.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Mulga Bill

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 04:27:22 am
Interesting, the seat on my wife is wider in the centre section than mine and she is getting a little uncomfortable. I may have faked deafness??
Here on the Gold Coast we park up and then the people start looking at the bikes and asking questions, nice but we usually need bathrooms after a reasonable ride.
I think we will carry a rollout information sign from now on. Take note RE promotions department..people are looking for a fun alternative on the market
2015 C5 Classic Black