Author Topic: Good weekend  (Read 1886 times)

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
on: July 05, 2015, 11:52:51 pm
It started off with my smart phone taking a dump. The display died and no I didn't drop it the glass is fine the LCD is stress cracked and that’s that. I had to dig out my old original Droid 1 and put it back in service as I’m not up for renewal until next Feb. The old Droid fired right up after a charge and is working fine if slow, not bad for a 5 year old phone.

I ended up on the Versys yesterday for a 6 hour trip and it ran fine. The only thing it was mainly on the interstate and I hate the Super Slab. I didn't feel the Enfield was quite up the 85 mph for three hours each way.

But today I got the Enfield out for a ride and I like the bike more and more. I installed the Enfield performance exhaust and it sounds so much better. Not all that much louder at idle but when I wick her up it thunders a bit. At least my bud on his H-D said it sounds sweet today, from him that is high praise indeed!

I did break 350 miles today so can now run 40+ mph…why I can run at (Dare I say it?) 50 MPH! I did a short run at 50 and it ran just fine and seemed the want more but I backed off. I found myself back on the back roads at 35-40 and just enjoyed to day. It really is a great little bike and the more I ride it the more I like it.

So tomorrow I change oil for the first time, I'm off until Tuesday, only thing is does anyone have the torque specs for the 2 oil plugs, screen cover bolts and filter cover bolts? I can't find them in the owner’s manual or the shop manual I downloaded from NFG. I hate to have to break out the eng text and go that route but I hate to just S.W.A.G. it even more.

Here's a photo I took with the old Droid today. The mirror and handlebar and exhaust are coming close to finishing off what I want to change at this time, I do want to move the horn. I'm thinking of just below the headlight where the regulator use to be. BUT now to enjoy it!

2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

mc35803

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 03:11:37 am
Just got around to getting your excellent report.   I love the upswept exhaust.
Miles