Author Topic: Members Map  (Read 11862 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
on: August 10, 2007, 08:10:29 pm
It would be nice to have a map to locate members. Usually they are on a volunteer basis where you enter your personal information and then you are identified (pin pointed) on the map.

Oftentimes members will include information about how they can help other members passing through on their travels; or just use it to contact nearby members for a ride.

Matt

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:13:06 pm
Matt,

I like that idea! I'll see what I can do...
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 08:59:09 pm
I could fill a map up all by myself with the amount of places I have lived in the last ten years..
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

alwscout

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 10:34:17 pm
Frapper is one of these map things I've seen before. Works pretty easily enough.

http://www.frappr.com/

Adam
REA Member #10

deejay

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 04:23:39 pm
any update on this? we could always just link to a frapper map.... i'd like to find other people in the new england area who ride REs

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:01:38 pm
Hi everyone, sorry to be an absentee landlord... they've been keeping me pretty busy over here!  :D

By popular demand, I setup a frapper community map on our site.  Check it out and let us know what you think.

I'd like to see us roll out another map soon with a few more features, but we'll see what happens  ::)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 05:03:30 pm
I'm finally on the map!

(And they said I'd never amount to anything).

Thanks Rhett.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:06:14 pm by Thumper »

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 02:50:54 am
I just plugged in. Thanks, what a great idea.

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 03:32:28 am
DUH, took me a while to figure out that map thing.  But there I was in the right place.   Have tools will travel.........daveg

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 04:49:44 pm
I added my pin, but I don't see any others... Maybe I'm in a parallel universe. Wouldn't be the first time....
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 08:26:57 pm
I am on there..  I will go look if I see anyone else.

edit:

It is looking good, Bob, I can see you.  If you are not seeing others easily, hit the stop button, in the left top - it will stop the map jumping about.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:30:41 pm by IndianaBulleteer »
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 09:06:28 pm
Not sure what the problem was... I can see everyone now, but originally, when I put my pin in the map, I was the only one there....

Another odd thing was that if I scrolled the map left or right, back to Minnesota, I wasn't there.... Maybe the world's bigger than I thought....
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 09:31:11 pm
Not sure what the problem was... I can see everyone now, but originally, when I put my pin in the map, I was the only one there....

Another odd thing was that if I scrolled the map left or right, back to Minnesota, I wasn't there.... Maybe the world's bigger than I thought....

I've noticed some of those issues occasionally, too. Maybe its just Minnesotans!

To be fair, Flappr is still in Beta and might be prone to some occasional glitches. It doesn't quite do everything the way I'd like to do it for the community map, but it was sure easy to add and the price is right!

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 10:38:21 pm
One group is notice by their absence, in Minnesota, is the Classic Motorworks crew.. Where are you guys,, why no pin?
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
Jefferson County, WA

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 04:04:45 pm
We're on there! Our pin is blue.
You may have to zoom in on Minnesota for us to come into view, there are a couple of other pins near us.