Author Topic: Boot Sole Repair with Gorilla Glue  (Read 2433 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 22, 2015, 09:33:45 pm
The rubber sole of my riding boots started to peel off. Cleaned the surfaces with sand paper and then with rubbing alcohol. Applied thin layer of Gorilla Glue. Pressed them together. Clamped surfaces tight with Duct Tape for overnight. Glue expands 3 times as it dries up, so a little bit goes a long way.

Pleased to see that the sole is permanently fixed to the boot. The glue has hardened into a pale yellowish solid rock. It is water proof. Holding better than I had expected.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:36:01 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:47:34 pm
Maybe you want to use a permanent Black felt tip marker to color the stuff black?

As it is now, it looks like you've been kicking dried dog poo across the yard with your boot.   ;D ;D

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 12:39:00 am
                Another product that's really good is Shoo Goo. And you can use it for other stuff than shoos, of course. It is horrendously good at what it does unlike the Chinese duct tape & other stuff that's NFG that's out there now. And if you've a mind to, you can glue your drunk friend to the wall with Shoo Goo & a little Gorilla Tape.. He'll hang there 'til morning  :)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:54:49 am
only if someone cuts him loose after taking the appropriate photos and posting them!
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet