Author Topic: 2015 C5 Black Chrome  (Read 4481 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 12, 2015, 07:23:32 am
unlike my other enfield's which have come and gone since registering this c5 3 months or so ago not much has happened. I did an 80 km or 50 mile trip on the very first day and after that it sat for 3 months.
earlier on this week I thought I might kick it in the guts - so to speak and start running it in. as of today it has about 210 miles or 350 km and is running pretty good.

this one appears to have a pretty good motor or strong motor and I can feel it a better one than my previous bike. saying that though it doesn't ride the bumps as good as my 2014 model. more like jolts over them.
another thing which is different. by now I have usually butchered the bikes by either pulling them apart or adding accessories but this is the first sitting so far as stock standard.
I even think it runs pretty well with the standard factory exhaust so that's saying something. I have my old hitchcocks efi muffler still in the spare room but id and when it goes on -maybe at the 3,000kl
mark.
I did oil/filter change at 200km or 120 miles and everything was totally clean with no metal in the oil drop and no rubbish in the mesh filter.
I wouldn't say I have treated it like a baby but I have not been hard on it either. at the 60 mile or 100kl odometer reading I sat in on 100kl or 60 mph just to see how it handled it....it was more hit the 60 mph and then drop back to 50mph or 80kph.
I can never be bothered riding these around town so they usually hit the back roads of aust within days.
so far these runs have averaged around 30 to 50 miles non stop and when I arrive home turn off and park it I let it totally cool down till the next day.
temp wise its about 50 F or lower daily so its pretty cool out on the road. because of black ice and such I have not bothered riding it till 1pm or better to avoid any incidents.
my reserve petrol light flashed today for the first time and then glowed on the way home. once home I poked a cotton candy stich in there to measure the gas and I still have a bit so on the run-in I have managed 356klm on whatever petrol the dealer put in the bike on pick-up.
as it was so clean in the prior service I plan to run it now to 600klm or 350 miles and drop the oil and filter again. after that I will be getting close to my departure for my road trip and I don't expect to ride it much more till when I return in august and that's a very cold month so maybe September.
more importantly I think I can say it's pretty safe here at the moment or I would have cashed it by now....lol I still like these bikes regardless of what other bike riders think about them.
they have great character and if you can't get on one of these and go for a run at least feel good - your probably never going to be pleased. ;)

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 12:28:37 pm
It's looking great,  :)
Seems like RE has changed its logo and also the looks of the speedo are different and so are the warning lights.
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 01:24:40 pm
Yeah, the warning lights unit looks familiar... " :( ", with an RE soul patch.

Coincidence? Foreshadowing? You decide...  ;)

Candoman

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:04:32 pm
The heat shield appears to be extended over the area that usually turns a golden brown on the silencer.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 03:11:01 am
working on the bike today I came across :D well not really I was looking it over and after 3 months of ownership or a bit longer noticed a few more minor cosmetic chances.
6 months prior to this when I had the 2014 C5 I already had this removal of the cottor pin to the back axle.

now we have markers on the snail cams

that annoy hex nut which held the muffler brack is gone and replaced by a dead easy one to remove. I guess you know why I am in there ;)

they even fitted a brembo brake outer cover

but missed out on the hardware. I wonder could this be a hint that we are not far off brembo's on the C5's etc

as for the fuel line and this green tape. I don't go near it much so it could have been there for years?

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 03:20:12 am
now if your new to royal enfields and wonder what the big deal is - you don't know the bikes and how far they have come in the past few years.
for example yesterday I went over the whole bike with a spanner and could not find one single loose bolt. not even the big one which hold the front of the tank in place. got the shits and threw the spanners down, kicked the dog, swore at the wife.
I tell ya if they keep this up- I will have to buy something else.......lol we will all end up like
hi john
how was the ride yesterday.
beautiful mate, did around 300 miles and it ran like a dream..........then I woke up and realized he was talking about a Honda dream and they were no picnic! ;D
anyway jokes aside they are really getting it together and the bikes too.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 08:01:37 pm
I'd swear, those sneaky Royal Enfield Engineers are reading this Forum and taking notes.

Either that or Kevin is writing to them and telling them about our discoveries of things that need to be improved.  ;D

Hopefully, the new corporate management is doing the same but I'm not holding my breath.  ::)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 10:48:29 pm
Bill, you need a set of chrome rear fender stays. They'd look so much better with all the rest of the chrome. Just think there'd be more to polish as well!  ;)
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 12:26:12 am
Bill, you need a set of chrome rear fender stays. They'd look so much better with all the rest of the chrome. Just think there'd be more to polish as well!  ;)

It's not like you UCE guys have any rocker box leaks to fix or tappets to adjust  ;)  :)

;D
No matter where you go, there, you are.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 01:08:31 am
wildbill,  she's just begging for a sporty set of rubber tank pads / knee grips. Just my opinion.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 02:00:53 am
I am on an accessory upgrade at the moment so both ideas are noted....lol

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 02:08:58 am
 Our host sells these nifty blanking plugs to replace the chrome plastic bits on the frames swinging arm plates.

Not everyone's "cuppa' but worth a look.

http://www.nfieldgear.com/black-swingarm-plugs/

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 02:15:06 am
Go put some miles on that machine before the urge to sell it comes again!

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 02:43:42 am
I've installed the blanking plugs with conches from a set of Santa Fe stirrups.  :)
Looks a damn site better than the chromed plastic covers.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 03:56:48 am
Get some Hagon shocks, it's a whole new world!