Author Topic: ride report: Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club 2015 Spring Classic  (Read 2090 times)

dviscusi

• connoisseur of the finer things in life
  • Bulleteer
i went to this event today with a group of about 10 friends and the trip there from Pittsburgh and back was pretty great.  it was a trials bike event.  i haven't been to too many trial events but they're pretty fun and i'm starting to know a few people. there were some really great winding roads with some hairpin curves and real quick, hard changes in elevation and the conti took it like a champ.  i had changed my oil last night too (3rd service level) and it was running so well today.  my testicular fortitude was put through the gauntlet.  i wasn't dragging knees or anything but it's the furthest i've ever had my lean.  all riders were reporting that the pucker factor was running high today; from the old guys to the youngest (i'm in the middle).  i only put about 175 miles on the bike, and i'm a little saddle sore, but it was a great day for a ride.  it started out at 9am at 64°F and cloudy and ended at about 75°F and clear and sunny.  couldn't have asked for better weather.  some tire pics below.  both checked this morning midway through the ride and the pressure was to spec.  not much tire left between the wear marks and the sidewall.  that makes me feel good inside. :)

i also could win this.  who knows, maybe i can join a bsa forum in august.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:12:27 am by dviscusi »
2014 royal enfield continental gt

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Nice!

They weren't trying to get rich off admission prices at that event, were they?!?  Nice price!  8)

dviscusi

• connoisseur of the finer things in life
  • Bulleteer
nah, not at all.  not even the vendors were.  everything was cheap.  they had parts tables and stuff too.
2014 royal enfield continental gt

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Sounds like a good ride.  I took a hundred mile run today with a friend through the hills of central MD.  We didn't push as hard, but am saddle sore myself.  There's a custom saddle guy here in MD named Longo that my dealer friends suggest I look at.

Glad you had a great ride!