Author Topic: Where to buy Interceptor mudguard (fender)  (Read 1164 times)

grumbern

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 04, 2020, 05:36:49 pm
Hi folks,
I am looking for a rear mudguard for my MK1 Interceptor. The known sources like HMC and Burton don't have any in stock, nor can tell if they ever will again. Does one of you know a reliable source for a good repro, or even genuine one?
Thanks,
Andreas

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 11:50:10 am
Long shot:

http://auto-cycle.co.uk/#mud

Equally long shot, our friends in India are turning out various reproduction items for the older classic bikes, might be worth scouring ebay to see if there's anything either suitable or adaptable. I don't know if these Constellation mudguards come anywhere close.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROYAL-ENFIELD-CONSTELLATION-700CC-FRONT-REAR-MUDGUARD-SET-BRAND-NEW/264921810848?hash=item3dae9207a0:g:dKIAAOSwqu5anSGO

Failing that, I expect we will shortly see you describe how you made your own press tooling to reproduce one...  ;D

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

grumbern

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 04:12:20 pm
In stainless, please! ;D
I wish I could, but  don't. Well, not yet...

I do have a (probably Indian) pair, non drilled. But the front one i got from HMC just looks so much nicer and better, making me want to have an equally nice one for the rear es well - but they don't have any! If I shouldn't find a better one, I'll have to go with the cheap ones I got with the bike, or maybe they'll restock - who knows. It's just the uncertainty that bugs me...  ::)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 09:05:52 pm
Being a perfectionist will not make your life any easier, but you knew that already!

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...