Author Topic: Wanted: Springs  (Read 13694 times)

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
on: August 10, 2007, 12:52:22 pm
Does anyone know of a good source for replacement springs for the solo saddle sold by our host:

http://www.royalenfieldusa.com/oldfashioned-royal-enfield-solo-seat-p-463.html

One of the small horizontal ones broke so I want to get a few replacements.

Please no comments about a diet.....

(Besides, I think it was the tremendous G-forces as I was scraping on the right side yesterday!)

Thanks,
Matt
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 04:36:57 pm by Thumper »

PARTSGUY

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:05:21 am
i have no idea if the sizes would be the same as springs from h-d seats, or close enough, but kustomwerks, mid-usa, midwest, all might have something close.  mid-usa has a tech guy that is pretty good about helping out with that kind of stuff. :)

deejay

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:35:48 pm
Does anyone know of a good source for replacement springs for the solo saddle sold by our host:

http://www.royalenfieldusa.com/oldfashioned-royal-enfield-solo-seat-p-463.html

One of mine broke so I want to get a few replacements.

Please no comments about a diet.....

(Besides, I think it was the tremendous G-forces as I was scraping on the right side yesterday!)

Thanks,
Matt

I was able to get my solo seat from the dealer without the springs, so I'm assuming you can just get the springs. Did you email or call CMW?

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 04:31:02 pm
I'm pretty sure CMW has the springs. They advertise different lengths of springs when you buy the seat, so they should be able to help you. I have three-inch coils on mine, and am planning to lower it by at least an inch.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 04:41:46 pm
Sorry, neglected to mention that it was one of the small horizontal springs that broke; not one of the large vertical ones. If I broke one of those, I really would go on a diet!

Matt

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 09:48:34 pm
We will replace those springs if they break for quite a while after you buy the seat. Our normal policy is one year, but we have a bunch of these around and they shouldn't break at all. Send Tim a note by e-mail at shipping@enfieldmotorcycles.com. The most we will charge you is postage and if you ask nice maybe not even that.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 01:21:48 am
We will replace those springs if they break for quite a while after you buy the seat. Our normal policy is one year, but we have a bunch of these around and they shouldn't break at all. Send Tim a note by e-mail at shipping@enfieldmotorcycles.com. The most we will charge you is postage and if you ask nice maybe not even that.

That's great, thanks!

Matt

DaveG297

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 11:06:40 pm
Ain't this forum neat..........I got stuff,,,what do you need........dg