Author Topic: Test Rides  (Read 19004 times)

prof_stack

Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 07:30:10 am
So I talk to the insurance adjuster today and then the Buell dealer.  The Buell is fixed and ready to go! 

Except that the adjuster and the service writer can't quite seem to connect and so the adjuster can't reconcile the final cost until NEXT TUESDAY.   >:(

Add to that the fact that the driver of the Civic filed a claim for his car's damage but has failed to return calls or letters from his insurance company to make a statement of his fault in the accident.  No big deal, I think, as the police report has four witnesses and a citation for the driver.  Otherwise I'm only out some patient copays and a $250 deductilble.

prof_stack

Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 03:18:25 am
Last installment on this thread:  I picked up the Buell XB9S today from the shop.  The service writer said to come pick up the Buell.  He will work with the adjuster next week and finish the books on it.  I paid the $250 deductible and got ready to ride.  Full gear, new Arai helmet, and a big smile as I engaged the clutch and headed to some curvy roads.  Nice.

Turned out that they also replaced the BACK wheel along with the fron wheel, frame, swingarm, and a host of other stuff, mostly on the left side.  This bike is like new now!

45 mile ride back to the 'hood.  I stopped at Jon's and snapped a picture of my ride with his shiny sweet new Deluxe.  I'll put it up here later.

Oh, I'm sitll in the market for an Electra-x or Electra-classic.