Author Topic: What silencers are you running?  (Read 18886 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #60 on: July 18, 2015, 04:50:41 am
I installed the K&N air filter the other day and test rode my Classic Chrome/Maroon C5 with PC-V and Premium EFI all together for the first time.  The experience was a very noticeable increase in power, combined with being able to hear a great sounding engine. 

Since it was my birthday and I was enjoying the ride so much, I just kept riding and got in 97 miles around the greater Seattle area by the end of the day.  I love the sound when going through the gears and cruising in the power band.  I'm trying not to keep the same RPM for long since I still have only 475 Miles on the odometer. 

I briefly tipped my bike over in an exceedingly graceful moment during the ride and found that this can cause the fuel cap to leak.  To remedy this leakage, I have now purchased the Hitchcock's petrol cap conversion kit to change form the locking flip top to the non-locking (and non-leaking) screw-on type fuel cap.  I believe The new cap will look great too, like the older models before the flip-top cap.  Now I can tip with impunity!

As for the cause of the bike tipping... I was on a paved city street, doing a slow speed horizontal u-turn on the side of a steep hill, to go under a bridge, when I realized the city had closed the road to motor traffic and posted "do not enter" and "bicycles only" signs.  I was so startled, I tried to turn out of it but the only place to go was a curb with a sidewalk, so I abruptly stopped and tipped over!  I had the bike up in about 3 seconds but fuel was already running down the side of my tank.

Upon regaining my composure, I wiped off the fuel and continued on my happy birthday-urban adventure.  It was an awesome day.
Namaste.

Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

dustystranger

• Scooter
Reply #61 on: July 19, 2015, 01:21:30 am
After trying several different mufflers, I am back to running the stock "bazooka" with an extra hole drilled in the front and the back.  The sound is a little deeper without the bark on hard acceleration.  You are not going to get any significant increase in hp unless you change the header pipe.  And even then it wont amount to much unless you are drag racing.  If you want to drag race what the heck are you doing with a RE?  So it is really all about the sound.  Keep experimenting until you get the sound YOU want.