Author Topic: Has anybody ever...... AVL  (Read 1901 times)

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
on: August 08, 2008, 04:18:28 pm
I'm looking for base line info on re-jetting the CV carb on the AVL. My plan is to add a BSA exhaust keeping the standard pipe with the catalytic converter (Love the look of the Triumph and BSA exhausts). And was wondering what range of jets I should purchase?
Any insights would be appreciated.

webnash

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 07:54:24 pm
I was actually planning on doing basically the same thing. I was planning on buying the next 3 bigger jets for pilot and main, along with a cone type air cleaner. I'd be happy to hear from anyone who has done it. Are you going to leave the pav on?

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 08:52:12 pm
Yes, for the same reason I'm leaving the cat in place. Just to do my part for the air we breath. That being said, if those suckers break or wear out I'm sure the replacement cost would be excessive, so then I'll revert to polluter.  :(

exmayor

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:48 pm
Phil,

I have an '06 Electra w/Cozy sidecar.  I changed to the K&N cone filter but still have stock exhaust. I bought the kit from our hosts that has both main and pilot jets. I am currently jetted 117.5 main, 17.5 pilot, needle in stock position.  When I do my oil change I plan to try raising the needle and may try the 120 main.  It runs well but feels a little lean at mid throttle which I use a lot pulling the sidecar up our rolling roads.  Hope this helps as a starting point.

Rick
'06 Electra w/Rocket sidecar (Green)
'02 Ducati Monster 620 (Dark)