aboard

Author Topic: Improved standard and 2" shorter rear shocks  (Read 1264 times)

NField Gearman

• Grease Monkey
on: March 26, 2015, 10:58:13 am
We have been quietly working with a popular US shock manufacturer to develop improved rear shocks that are competitively priced.

They will be available in black or chrome and will also be available in a 2" shorter version to lower the seat height.

That's all I'm going to say about that right now.  ;)

Available soon; like really soon.

Manatoc fox

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:16:08 pm
Well, that's pretty sweet.  Love the blacked out look.  Now, a couple questions:  Will they improve the ride not just the aesthetics?  Also, will they be a direct replacement/swap for the current set?  Are they preload adjustable if needing to 2 up ride or some such?
2014 Royal Enfield Military-"Thumper" to his friends

NField Gearman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:13:57 am
Will they improve the ride not just the aesthetics? 

Oh yes, so incredibly better than stock.

Also, will they be a direct replacement/swap for the current set? 

Yes, bolt in and go.

Are they preload adjustable if needing to 2 up ride or some such?

Yes, preload adjustable.  These will be the best shocks that have ever been available for the Royal Enfield and will fit all Indian-made Bullet models.

Plus they are made in the USA! Apparently they will have them made for us by the end of the week so if all goes well we will have them available late next week or the following week.

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 10:09:49 am

Available soon; like really soon.

Are these available yet?  I don't see them on the website.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

NField Gearman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 10:58:02 am
Nope, but just received word they are done making them.  Hope to have them here shortly!

NField Gearman

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 04:04:21 pm
Shocks arrived today. I have test fitted the shorter ones and they are so incredibly rad. I'm not short and get zero benefit from a shorter shock on a Royal Enfield but I till say they make the bike just look better. The rear wheel fits inside the fender without all that extra space and seeing someone ride away on it, I would have sworn it was a 1940's Harley had I not known what I was looking at.  Just awesome.

Plus the quality is the best you can get.  These are made in the USA and set the new standard for which all other Royal Enfield shock options will be compared.

That's all I'm saying for now but I intend to try and get them listed on this coming Monday so stay tuned...