Author Topic: bulletwala and Royal Enfied Zone  (Read 4719 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
on: March 22, 2015, 12:36:33 am
Hi all.
Has anyone had any experience buying anything from either of these online stores in India?
Bullet wala seem to have very little, but sell brake shoes very cheap compared to Hitchcocks.
Royal Enfield zone don't have prices on anything so you have to send an enquiry. From memory when i made an enquiry with these guys years ago they gave me a "Western Price" which would no doubt come with 3rd world quality and service.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 12:40:03 am
I ordered a complete engine gasket kit from Bulletwala because it was cheaper than the one gasket I needed even after shipping.  It arrived in about a week and it was good quality.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 12:46:07 am
I ordered a complete engine gasket kit from Bulletwala because it was cheaper than the one gasket I needed even after shipping.  It arrived in about a week and it was good quality.

Thats good. 1 week?
Hitchcocks sell a pair of brake shoes for 43 pounds, but i can get 1 set from B.W for 13.68us…might get a few sets.
Im buying a whole heap of stuff from hitchcocks. they're really good, but 43 pounds for shoes is quite a lot.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 11:55:05 am
I think that there might be more than one Bulletwala.
If it is Chris Harlen, he's  a Kiwi that moved to India. He is a good guy and has some connections with Hitchcock and also Royal Motors/Spares.
His shop has built a couple of 612 Fireballs over there under my tutelage.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 03:41:03 pm
I had a good experience with Bulletwallah. Not sure of the other place. I did have a problem with one India vendor, but can't remember which one. I bought a set of shocks THEY measured wrong, which I was fortunately able to resell. Most of these vendors are on Ebay, if you check out their feedback you can determine their reliability.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 09:18:31 pm
i emailed royal enfield zone. Cheap as but i don't have faith that ill get the goods. don't take paypal or credit cards.
Might try though. they sell 5 oil filters for about $5. Hitchcocks 19 pounds for 5. Australia - even more again.
i did buy the brake shoes from bullet walla. very cheap and should be the same shoes that hitchcocks charge 43 pounds for.

Good thing about hitchcocks is i know ill get the goods within 1 week. got a bunch of new things coming, new efi muffler, stem clock, flash pillion footrests,  chief seat, new tool box lock, goggles, shoe pin etc…FUN

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 06:20:30 pm
Just to let everyone know - There are 2 versions of Bulletwala.. One is the mentioned one "BulletWala" and the one owned by "Chris" is BulletWallahs or something. Please check with Chris once, I am not sure if he's still with them. Also, Royal Enfield zone guys charge a lot more than the usual price, you guys like it coz it might be cheaper than many but if you get it from "Royal Motorcycles" then you would get the same stuff for a lot cheaper. I think the owner of Royal Motorcycles even worked with Chris in the past.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 07:35:42 pm

1.    BULLETWALA (Kapil or Naveen Pamnani)

I had in the past used Bulletwala. Received the item in good shape in a few days. They use DHL for shipping. We had email and phone contact as well. I am satisfied with their product and service and communication. They do a lot of business.

http://www.bulletwala.com/

2.  BULLETWALAS (Chris).

I have no experience with his shop. A few years back, he had posted on this Forum about his venture. Don't know if he is still there or not or even if he sells parts at all. His website seems more geared towards travel / tours / repairs.

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,7488.15.html

http://www.bulletwallas.com/dynamic/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:47:56 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 07:52:45 pm
The site is still there, though it appears that a good portion of it is either under construction or non-existent.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 04:03:38 am
royal enfield zone sound dodgy.
They sent me a quote in rupees(they have no prices on anything on their site)
then they sent another 1 in usd which worked out double the rupee quote.
they also sent me a delhi bank account number to deposit money into, which ill be damned if i can be bothered doing that with the fees etc.

I already made my mind that ill never use them based on this little experience, but i did ask why they doubled the price when they converted it from rups to usd and they said "export tax"

royal enfield zone kiss my a..

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 03:57:53 pm
I would suggest only buying from overseas vendors on Ebay with PayPal. EBAY & PayPal back you up. You won't have to pay for something that never arrives or is wrong. On 2 occasions I was sent different items than what I ordered. I opened complaint cases, & explained that I shouldn't have to pay for the expensive return shipping for the vendors mistake. The vendors then refunded my complete purchase price & told me to keep the items. YES it was a pain, but at least I wasn't ripped off.  Some foreign vendors have very bad,mercenary attitudes for some reason. While others bend over backwards to be friendly & helpful. It never hurts to ask questions about the items before you purchase on line, the tone of the reply will tell you a lot about the seller.
  I have even bought several motorcycles on line, 2 I bought from out of town "Craigs List" Ads. There are an alarming number of scammers. NEVER NEVER, commit to a big purchase before demanding to talk with the seller by phone & asking the right questions. Scammers won't talk on the phone, because they know they will be revealed. "Trust but verify".
Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

lemming

• Grease Monkey
  • Weezin' the Ju-uice
Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 04:09:11 pm
I bought a rear sprocket from them via ebay. It arrived far quicker than expected, and seems fine. We will see how long it lasts.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

2011 B5 Black - "Tonks" - My first bike. Gone, but fondly remembered.
2010 Harley Iron 883 1200 conversion - work in progress
1998 Yamaha YZF600R - streetfighter Mad Max

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:27 pm
At some point I plan on picking up some bits and pieces and plan on using ebay. Granted all the vendors seem to located in India; but there is that layer of protection that comes from using ebay

trimleyman

• Bulleteer
  • 1953 or 2011.
Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 03:04:42 am
have had good luck with both outfits. Also Enfield Country. I find all the Indian suppliers if through Ebay are very reasonable and ship quickly . In most cases parts are in your greasy mitts and on the bike in 7 to 10 days. Only larger items take a little longer , but not much. As a side I just fitted an Inder sidecar to my 2011 G5 . It was supplied without fitting instructions or a steering damper. An email to Inder resulted in a PDF of fitting instructions and within 2 weeks the steering damper had arrived. Most of the Indian suppliers are obviously please to get your business .
Now 2011 Royal Enfield G5 and just added 2014 Continental GT and latest 2015 Ducati 803 Scrambler Urban Enduro
Then:-
1978 Ducati 900 GTES
1969 Ducati 350 Desmo Racer
1972 Mototrans Ducati 250 24 Horas
1965 Triumph Tiger Cub 200
1967 BSA Bantum

adi-4004

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 01:25:18 pm

They sent me a quote in rupees(they have no prices on anything on their site)
then they sent another 1 in usd which worked out double the rupee quote.

I already made my mind that ill never use them based on this little experience, but i did ask why they doubled the price when they converted it from rups to usd and they said "export tax"

The reason is Price discrimination. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discrimination

I remember a news article which mentioned that some online site (airline ticket booking I think) used to charge more if you used Apple machines rather than microsoft windows. The logic here being that if you have a Apple product you have more money to spend.
New York Metropolitan Area

2014 C5 Military Green