Author Topic: Speedometer Light  (Read 1703 times)

Porkchop

• Scooter
on: August 07, 2008, 02:26:42 am
Hello All,
Little hiccup on my new 07 Military Bullet- The Speedometer light went out and I took a look under the housing and saw that the wire and bulb came out of the socket that it is supposed to go in (I realize that these are not the right terms for this stuff, but you'll have to excuse my non-tech talk) Anyway, I was wondering how this thing is supposed to stay in there? Right now I can fit it back in, but there doesn't seem to be anything that is making it stay up there. Any ideas? Thanks buddies.
-Porkchop

c1skout

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 02:39:56 am
The rubber bulb socket just press-fits into the speedometer housing.... at least thats how my 2000 model fits.

Prairie Hunter

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 02:57:21 am
Hello All,
Little hiccup on my new 07 Military Bullet- The Speedometer light went out and I took a look under the housing and saw that the wire and bulb came out of the socket that it is supposed to go in (I realize that these are not the right terms for this stuff, but you'll have to excuse my non-tech talk) Anyway, I was wondering how this thing is supposed to stay in there? Right now I can fit it back in, but there doesn't seem to be anything that is making it stay up there. Any ideas? Thanks buddies.
-Porkchop
It should just kinda wedge up in there, like a peg in a board.
It would be well worth your while to go through all the electrical connections--make sure everything's plugged in properly.  If your experience ends up being anything like mine, you'll find a couple more loose connections.
2008 Classic Bullet ES "Bettie"
2009 Triumph Bonneville SE
REA Member #13

Porkchop

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 04:30:07 am
10-4, Thanks for the suggestions and tips. It'll be fun tinkering.
-PC