Author Topic: UCE auto-decompressor demo video  (Read 6180 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 08:43:17 pm
Damn - all those years I could have been raking in the big bucks as a hand model, wasted...  :'(

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 09:03:42 pm
Nicely done Matt  ;) And your hands and speaking voice were made for Video demonstrations. :)

These are Hurdy-Gurdy hands + fingers and vocal cords to match :) !   

Damn - all those years I could have been raking in the big bucks as a hand model, wasted...  :'(

Matt - Now that you have started with this first video, many more to come and big bucks to follow :) !
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:17:25 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

SteveThackery

• Inveterate tinkerer
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is."
Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 09:25:10 pm
So I wonder what part is responsible for the clanking noise the UCE engine makes. Is it the exhaust lifter riding over that pin perhaps?

I'm certain that's what makes the hideous clanking noise when the decomp is in action.  When I saw the design I was horrified - it's a hell of a steep little bump that the tappet roller has to crash into and ride over.  Mind you, that's only my gut speaking - presumably somebody in RE did some sums and decided it was OK.

As I've said elsewhere, even with the decomp knobbled the bloody valve gear clicks and clacks away, making more noise than my previous two Bullets with manually adjusted tappet clearances.
Meteor 350

Previous:
'14 B5
'06 ElectraX (Good bike, had no trouble at all)
'02 500ES (Fully "Hitchcocked" - 535, cams, piston, etc - and still a piece of junk)

...plus loads of other bikes: German, British, Japanese, Italian, East European.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 09:33:50 pm
Matt - Now that you have started with this first video, many more to come and big bucks to follow :) !

I don't think I'll quit my day job just yet - besides, most of the good videos are already made... https://www.youtube.com/user/singh5g/videos