Author Topic: royal enfield service manual  (Read 4420 times)

kan

• Scooter
on: August 06, 2008, 04:00:33 am
hi everyone, i'm new to the forum. just bought my 2008 royal enfield bullet classic about a month and a half ago, and it also happens to be my first motorcycle.  i love this bike dearly and am looking to take care of it.  just had a simple question.  which service manual do you recommend?  right now i'm looking at the pete snidal manual ($59)  and also the service factory manual with the parts catalog($105).  looking to do some tinkering if anything minor happens and eventually work myself up to the full understanding of the motorcycle engine if anything major happens.  is it worth spending the $105 for the full service manual or should i start out with the snidal manual?

Ociralat

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 04:12:49 am
I asked our host the exact same question, as I too have a 2008 Bullet Classic AVL.  I was told the recommendaiton of their technical department was (Z91088) – Super Factory Service Manual and (Z91089) – Electra Workshop Manual.

I haven't bought them yet, so I'll leave it to others on the forum to comment on any specific benfits or differences between the two.

And congratulations on your RE purchase!

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:29:25 pm
KAN,

Ditto what Ocirilat said. Pete Snidal's is a good bet as well.

Matt

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 02:47:17 pm
ONe over the other? I'd go with Super service manual and parts book.
Reasoning is that the Classic AVL is a mixture of two bikes Classic frame and Electra engine. The parts book because in has all the numbers and good photos.

kan

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 12:40:35 am
thanks guys, you all have been very helpful.