Author Topic: A Fury (B)eater?  (Read 13060 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 10:30:32 am
i dont mean to prod, it just seems nobody has taken a look at the uce and avl together.  if the crank and rod are the same, that means i could easily use the wossener 535 flat top piston as the billet head calls for to get the most out of it.
Yes, that piston will fit with a re-bore to 535.

From what I have been told, That Wossner piston is heavy. But if revs won't be too high, it may be okay. With a 34mm port/carb it should peak between 6200-6500 rpm with a 535.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:58:47 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

armando_chavez

• Grease Monkey
Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 07:42:19 pm
do you guys have a developed lighter piston for this application?  i know that HC sells some but they seem to have specific dome shapes which may not get the most out of the billet head.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 07:53:05 pm
do you guys have a developed lighter piston for this application?  i know that HC sells some but they seem to have specific dome shapes which may not get the most out of the billet head.
Not at this time.
However, we are building this with certain applications in mind, specifically the GT 535. The GT 535 piston can go into the AVL, if the barrel is over-bored to fit it.

We are going to make the combustion chamber depth the right depth to allow our anticipated valve lift to clear the stock piston crown at TDC, so that it should be a drop-on application for GT 535. If you use this piston and set up the deck height the same, then it will clear on your AVL application too. This is one of the advantages of designing our own head, because we can make it to have the clearances we want with the existing piston.
Also, we will set the compression ratio we want, by the size of the combustion chamber we make. So, we will not need to rely on a different piston to get us to our desired compression. We are simply taking care of all the details in the head, because we have control over what it will be.

There will be no need for any domes. The standard dish in the GT piston will be fine.
Home of the Fireball 535 !