Author Topic: New carb  (Read 1300 times)

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
on: January 22, 2015, 03:21:34 pm
While waiting for the throttle tube sleeve from RE member solg, I realized the carb is leaking.  It's done that before and it was a dirty or stuck float seat.  It's a Mickarb VM28.  I would like to go ahead and put a new one on of the same type and model.  Is there anything I should be aware of before buying?  If not mistaken, the main jet on my current carb is 30.  Can I get a new Mikuni VM28 and swap out the jet?  Or do I buy one that has the proper size jet?  Will the flange match up?  It's a round side model.  Mine has the chock lever not the pull knob. 

Thanks,

RV
1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 03:29:24 pm
 A Mikarb is a near copy of a Mikuni, but there are some differences. The choke lever is one of the differences.
If you want an exact replacement, it will have to be another Mikarb.
Most Fireball owners will have one laying around, because we always take them off. You could probably get one for free from one of those guys if you ask.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

rvcycleguy

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:27:04 pm
Thanks Ace.  I'll wait for addtional responses from the Fireball owners if they browse this thread.  I'm not one to ask going forward.  I'm willing to pay what someone wants out of it.  Its worth something...I had a nice assist this week from a member here who is sending me an extra throttle sleeve tube that I was having issues with and could not find a local replacement.

1956 Bullet 500 (G2) Custom tank, Silencer Muffler, Powder Coated Chassis
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50 (800cc) Touring set-up. white walls, pearl white w/ ghost flames