Author Topic: Oil filter  (Read 2395 times)

BuckeyeBullet

• Scooter
on: August 19, 2008, 02:18:24 am
I don't want to start an oil debate but my '08 Bullet 500 AVL is ready for its first oil change. Where can I buy a quality oil filter? Classic Motorworks won't ship anything right now. Thanks
1965 Dodge Coronet 500
2008 RE Bullet 500ES
1943 Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:16:56 am
    you'll have to get one from a dealer then. There are no aftermarket filters for these that I've ever heard of.Wish there were. Why aren't they shipping anything?? I bought a set of five for my Classic a while back. You may end up just changing the oil and not the filter. Some advocate changing the oil filter every other oil change anyway, including the manual for my bike I believe.

Jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

BuckeyeBullet

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 03:54:12 am
I haven't called them, but the website says the UPS shipping option is not available at the moment when I try to check out and the only other option is local pickup.  :-\
1965 Dodge Coronet 500
2008 RE Bullet 500ES
1943 Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 03:56:27 am
I would give them a call.
I think their new store is having "teething problems".
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:39:25 pm
You can contact dealers via email to see if they have them in stock and to see if they'll ship them. Many, like Crawford Sales, will.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 03:58:45 pm
We are shipping them every day. We have 752 of them at present. It is entirely possible that the new store has developed a glitch which we will check on this AM.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 07:08:48 pm
I haven't called them, but the website says the UPS shipping option is not available at the moment when I try to check out and the only other option is local pickup.  :-\

Hi Buckeye,

::) Sorry for the trouble. Could you give this another shot for me?

UPS shipping methods seem to be working from here. The shipping quotes in the new store are provided in real time from UPS (domestically) or USPS (internationally). It's possible that we temporarily lost our connection to the UPS rate server or that the UPS rate calculation services were not available for some reason for a while.

If you continue to have problems, could you email me at webmaster@enfieldmotorcycles.com and let me know what ZIP code you were trying to ship to? I'll try looking into that for you.

It's also possible to see shipping calculation issues with products that, for some reason, do not have weight or size information in the system, but I know that's not the case here with the AVL Oil Filter.
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 10:53:33 pm
Hi Buckeye,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us - it was a weight issue after all. The AVL Oil Filter had a correct weight in the system, but the Oil Change Kit somehow got a bad value in there.

It should be corrected now, and we'll keep an eye on that in the future.

Thanks again
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?