Author Topic: 1966 RE Continental GT 250 restoration  (Read 2416 times)

CTmotorcycles

• Scooter
on: December 29, 2014, 05:24:05 pm
Hello all, newbie here from the UK.
I have my father's original GT250 to do up and was just wondering whether anyone can advise me of the gearbox filler plug for the gearbox oil change?
Also how do you guys remove the inspection cover for the primary chain inspection hole located on the crankcase?

I have started the write up on another forum, please view  :)
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=297238&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Cheers to all

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:02:34 pm
Hello all, newbie here from the UK.
I have my father's original GT250 to do up and was just wondering whether anyone can advise me of the gearbox filler plug for the gearbox oil change?
Also how do you guys remove the inspection cover for the primary chain inspection hole located on the crankcase?

I have started the write up on another forum, please view  :)
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=297238&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Cheers to all

You might have better luck with responses if you post this in the Vintage Royal Enfield section of the forum.
This section is for the new Continental GT 535 .
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:28:36 pm
CT:  While your still here, the Continental GT 250 is a Unit Construction engine.
It doesn't have a separate drain for the transmission.  The engine oil is the transmission oil and most likely the primary drive chain oil too. :)

I suppose you are not pulling in the clutch lever when you try to use the kick starter?
If the clutch lever is pulled in, the kick starter won't work.

It would be really good if you restarted this post in the forums Vintage section.
That's where we talk about the old Royal Enfields.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

CTmotorcycles

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 04:13:28 pm
have move to the vintage section, thanks guys