Author Topic: Reflectors for my C5?  (Read 1552 times)

John S

• Scooter
on: December 10, 2014, 02:02:17 pm
Curious to see what anyone has done with "side" reflectors on their bikes.  For the moment, I have pitched aside the rectangular ones provided by the dealer.  Of course, I would really rather not put any on at all but for the added safety/visibility I believe it’s not a bad idea.  I am thinking some round Lucas style reflectors would look decent depending on mounting location.  Front forks are the obvious choice for some amber reflectors but I would need a mount that accommodates for the radius of the forks and attachment I suppose would be adhesion.  Maybe just under the tank as an option as well.   As far as the back end, maybe one clamped on to the brace that supports the rear fender.  Pictures of any examples would be great.  Thanks.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 02:22:49 pm
I got some retroreflective tape at the local Cycle Gear.  In good light it just looks black and silver, at night it lights up bright as day when a light hits it.  Silver stripe on the bottom if the fork, black stripe on the bird house.  Invisible by day but very visible at night.

Scott

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 02:45:30 pm
Scott's on to something.  If you want color, you can get amber and red reflective tape - cut any size or shape you want, to fit your location of choice.

My bike came with the OEM rectangular reflectors "pre-stuck" from the dealer...

John S

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 02:50:38 pm
Yes, the retro reflective tape, that is a really neat concept I am definitely going to check out.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 03:09:37 pm
Yes, the retro reflective tape, that is a really neat concept I am definitely going to check out.

The new high tech retro-reflective tape is really good for side markers. It lights up like a Christmas display right before the car T-Bones you  :)    ;)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 07:33:52 am
good one!....lol  ;)

ToesNose

• Grease Monkey
  • That goes where? Mooresville, NC
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:45 pm
Yea they have reflective rim tape including clear you can put on your wheels which adds a large reflective area too.
"Pardon me...do you have hot sauce for this?"

2007 Suzuki LS650
2014 RE C5 Tan 'Manjika'