Author Topic: Stand with Hillary...  (Read 4293 times)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 01:25:47 pm
I read most of my news from CNN ,WTOP and Philly.com.. I did try to watch Rachel and the Al Sharpton rant hour but after 5 minutes I lost interest in their drum beat.....I would like to c the country move ahead without the clintons, bush's , etc.. It would be a serious mistake to go backwards.I stand by my comment : She had her chance and stepped aside.  Nobody is entitled to anything when it comes to politics or most other things.   She'll just have to eat crow..Ladies comments are always welcomed..GM :o
Oh Magoo you done it again

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 01:40:44 pm
Nobody is entitled to anything when it comes to politics or most other things She'll just have to eat crow..GM

Wrong, GM  (  ;) )- if you live in this country, you know that history shows, our politicians' wealth does indeed entitle them to just about anything they want.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Fox News - the Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing But the Truth.  CNN - same thing...

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 06:39:57 pm
All "news" media sucks. It's all propaganda BS. Don't watch it, or read it. You will be much happier.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 08:04:32 pm
As Mark Twain said:
If you don't read the newspaper,
You're uninformed.
If you do read the newspaper,
You're misinformed
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 08:11:26 pm
Okay .,,.Fine be that way..Next u miscreants will be laying your Enfields in the roadway blocking traffic or borrowing parts for your next project..... ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 01:25:03 am
Yikes!!! I think it's time to say so long to all you folks. It's been fun   I'm ridin off " To quote a character from a Three Stooges episode " this house sure gone crazy". Seeya
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:30:57 am by redcat »
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 10:47:41 am
Redcat - since you've told everyone you're leaving, you probably won't see this...

You should know by now that these threads are started and continued by the guys who want to hear themselves talk and agree with each other.  You'll never change their viewpoints, but it's fun to poke them occasionally.  Otherwise, it's generally not worth hanging around.

The crazy rabid conservatives tend to be more vocal about things and do it more often, but don't worry, the crazy rabid liberals find their way here, too...

When you think about it, isn't it impressive how much we get done here on the forum, despite the wild swings of political leaning?  Where it counts, partisanship is left at the door, and everyone benefits...

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 04:52:27 pm
Hahaha !

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 09:01:04 pm
See how I did that?  I insulted everybody, even myself!  ;)

I meant the last bit, though...

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 07:14:44 pm
Despite the widening gulf between the political ideologies, ratcheted political rhetoric, and increasing salience attributed to extreme unpopular views/beliefs there are several issues that can bring sensible sane politicians together, like the spending bill that just passed. This 'Cromnibus' bill was laden with pork for special interest groups, allows for higher caps for political contributions and rolling back regulations on big banks. Who do these favors help? Not you or I, but it helps them win elections, and secure high paying lobbying jobs just in case they lose an election.

Will Obama veto this ?

Think about it. Elections have consequences.

Here is one example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/11/omnibus-vote_n_6309588.html

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 07:19:09 pm
Despite the widening gulf between the political ideologies, ratcheted political rhetoric, and increasing salience attributed to extreme unpopular views/beliefs there are several issues that can bring sensible sane politicians together, like the spending bill that just passed. This 'Cromnibus' bill was laden with pork for special interest groups, allows for higher caps for political contributions and rolling back regulations on big banks. Who do these favors help? Not you or I, but it helps them win elections, and secure high paying lobbying jobs just in case they lose an election.

Will Obama veto this ?

All this while they have us distracted with the CIA torture report and immigration etc....They are important, but this is what is happening behind the scenes...

Think about it. Elections have consequences.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/11/omnibus-vote_n_6309588.html

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 07:52:54 pm
Actually, I hope he does veto it.
But, he won't.

The real news not being talked about is that on Dec 4 the House voted 411-?, to pass House Resolution 758 that allows Obama to attack Russia without asking Congressional permission, and Nato is prepositioning troops and weapons and materiel in Poland, which the Nato commander says will be sufficient to invade Russia.
WTF???!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 08:04:34 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 08:41:53 pm
ACE - I don't see it that way... unless resolution items 13 and 14 suggests it somehow...

(13) reaffirms the commitment of the United States to its
        obligations under the North Atlantic Treaty, especially Article 5, and
        calls on all Alliance member states to provide their full share of the
        resources needed to ensure their collective defense;
(14) urges the President, in consultation with Congress, to conduct
        a review of the force posture, readiness, and responsibilities of United
        States Armed Forces and the forces of other members of NATO to determine
        if the contributions and actions of each are sufficient to meet the
        obligations of collective self-defense under Article 5 of the North
        Atlantic Treaty and to specify the measures needed to remedy any
        deficiencies;

Offense was always Cheney's idea of a good defense, so anything is possible.

I hope you're wrong - but I'm not so sure... WTF indeed!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 09:05:18 pm
Here's a link to the .gov page.
Scroll down for the demands that they make on Russia.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-resolution/758

Regarding permitting Obama to attack Russia without further authorization, I'm still reading for that one. The media reports have mentioned it, a d others call it saber rattling, and Russiam media says it could result in WW3.
We'll see.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:16:51 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 10:04:01 pm
Thanks for that summary link.  I read the resolution language - mostly.  Skipped most of the "whereas" entries, but read the "resolved" section.  My quote was from the text of the resolution...