Author Topic: Fireball +?  (Read 18336 times)

Neofight

• Scooter
  • "Sayin' it's your job don't make it right"
Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 10:55:02 pm
Do you ever wish you had more brakes? Disc brakes make sense, but don't look as right as drum IMHO

Hoosier Bullet

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 11:46:42 pm
Function over form every time.  The rest of the bike looks really good.  A wart won't hurt it. 

The disc works way better, no matter how much effort is put into improving the drum.  Plus it is pretty cheap if you lace your own wheel. 

Mike_D

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 02:23:48 am
Great video, da punds thanks!

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 06:07:14 am
Hmmm...
How's about new, high quality main bearings, a trued and balanced crank with a steel con rod (w/alpha roller bearing OR the ACE "Bronze Bush"), restored breather function, alloy barrel, plus all that other stuff.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 06:35:28 am
Hmmm...
How's about new, high quality main bearings, a trued and balanced crank with a steel con rod (w/alpha roller bearing OR the ACE "Bronze Bush"), restored breather function, alloy barrel, plus all that other stuff.

This!
This is the basis of any upgrade to a Bullet, from there you can work the shit outta your cylinder head ;)
Basically my plan anyway, which is just over a month away!
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 01:47:37 pm
This!
This is the basis of any upgrade to a Bullet, from there you can work the shit outta your cylinder head ;)
Basically my plan anyway, which is just over a month away!

Yes. That is what will keep it all together when you put the hp into it.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

rep_movsd

• Bulleteer
Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 03:07:26 pm
Here's what I have on mine (* or plan to have soon)

1) All the ACE stuff  (Piston, cams, head, airfilter, carrillo rod, NTN bearings)
2) High output oil pump
3) Thunderbird 500 front end ( the 41 mm forks are amazing ) - the GT uses the same except there's place to fit a fork brace
4) Michelin Anakee2 front tire - There's no better tire
5) Greasehouse Customs Aluminum silencer - it's not ideal, but gives a balance between noise and performance. I'm going to get them to make me an open bore one. It looks fantabulous, quality better than what you may see on a Harley
6) Bosch coil
7*) Boyer EI
8*) Hagons
9*) Greasehouse aluminum box section swingarm
10*) Michelin Sirac 18" rear tire
11*) Greasehouse rear sprocket with extra teeth to offset the 19" to 18" rear wheel ratio change
12*) Completely custom homebuilt MOSFET based wiring and switching
13*) Seat with inbuilt toolbox, maybe I'll discard the existing toolboxes
14*) Composite mudguards
15*) AVL Thunderbird rear subframe
16*) Aluminum alloy stand
17*) CB 750 like tall fuel tank (24 liter) with aircraft style lid
18*) Twin clocks
19*) Projector headlamp from TB 500
20*) LED based 2x1100 lumen extra lighting mounted on crashguard
21*) Extra short handlebar - I've always preferred short straight bars
22*) Slightly rearset pegs with gear linkage for a 1 up 4 down shift pattern
23*) Alloy rims - maybe I'll get greedy and get some rim that can take tubeless tires while still having spokes
24*) Accelerometer based brake light, 30 Hz brake light flasher (known to increase visibility)
25*) Lightweight battery
26*) Brembo disc and brakes from the ContiGT
27*) Fork brace
28*) LED indicators
29*) Ratio rockers
30*) ACE GP head (pipe dream)

Whew! That's a lot of "TODOs" 

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 03:34:40 pm
You will also need to upgrade the clutch to reliably put all th epower to the wheels. I have the Newby clutch, but there are less expensive ways to accomplish that too.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 11:10:11 pm
You will also need to upgrade the clutch to reliably put all th epower to the wheels. I have the Newby clutch, but there are less expensive ways to accomplish that too.

A cheaper way Im usinv untill I fit belt drive is some Mv. Agusta springs and better plates, itll handle 10 more hp which will be plenty until I get my head and belt drive money!
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 11:54:02 pm
A link to it running https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5O3GApyMs

The stays were originally a rack but I was planning to put a bum pad on, and the rack had to go, so they are basically shortened.
Christ da punds the traffic over there is awful does anybody else have a vehicle? I don't think you'll have to worry about Road Rage unless one of those sheep go after you. I've got a setup just like yours with the hard tail. I love the way it rides better than my others with shocks. Great video. Good luck with your new project.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

Neofight

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: December 05, 2014, 05:56:09 pm
So how much $$ do you folks have in your fireball?
Ballpark?

Mike_D

• Bulleteer
Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 11:59:48 pm
That seems to be the million dollar question.  All builds are different and no one wants to throw out a price that will either be too high and scare you away or too low and give you the wrong idea on how much it'll end up costing you.  Some of the prices are set and you can get those through Chumma or Tom.  The rest depends on how much work you are willing to put in and what kind of extras you want.  There are, frankly, many ways to go.  Contact Chumma or Tom and you'll get a ballpark idea.

As for me, I ended up pulling my engine and bringing it to Chumma -- that saved me some cash.  I also started with some parts needed for the fireball (tm32, exhaust, boyer, disc brake) so I didn't start from a clean slate as you appear to be doing.  What I've spent on my bike has been spread over 2 years.  Honestly, I have to idea what the total is.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:29:27 am by Mike_D »

Neofight

• Scooter
Reply #27 on: December 06, 2014, 12:57:21 am
Yeah, I just wanted a ballpark. I didn't want to be rude and ask, but I kind of need to know what I'm getting into so that my expectations are realistic. I understand I can spread it out over some time. I just don't want to get involved in this, spend all my budget on the kit and then realize that the clutch tires brakes suspension are over loaded.
     Tom gave me a ballpark for his end, I'd just like one for all the other bits and bobs.

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: December 06, 2014, 01:23:30 am
Yeah, I just wanted a ballpark. I didn't want to be rude and ask, but I kind of need to know what I'm getting into so that my expectations are realistic. I understand I can spread it out over some time. I just don't want to get involved in this, spend all my budget on the kit and then realize that the clutch tires brakes suspension are over loaded.
     Tom gave me a ballpark for his end, I'd just like one for all the other bits and bobs.
I lost track after 10grand. ::)
And by the way, I can eat fifty eggs! ;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:27:06 am by Chuck D »
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

Neofight

• Scooter
Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 01:59:25 pm
Ok, that's something I can go on. How much was your donor bike?
    What was the most involved labor process? One that someone may not be able to do themselves?
     How much is an electronic ignition?
What components can I ditch to get the weight down? I'd really like a lightweight bike.
    What special tools should I try to pick up?