Author Topic: Need a Poll to quit the squabbling! Gotta know and majority rules  (Read 6805 times)

erob123

• Bulleteer
The forum needs a poll question listed each week or when ever for people to answer.  This would help eliminate the bikkering and long drawn out editorials.  Everybodys an expert but me and I need the help.  I enjoy my ride, Its like smoking if I choose to do it, its my life. But if you got a better ash tray I like to see it. Gee dudes and dudets I'm here for the the ride not to live by I screwed up, thats my choice.

Foggy_Auggie

• Grand Gearhead
??  This is the nicest forum I've ever been on.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Fortiter Et Fideliter

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
What squabbling ???
 Oh, while I'm here, what do you think about the price of rice in China?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

LJRead

Not much bickering - we don't always agree, nor should we.  Wonderful forum and I believe the spark plug behind much of it is Rhett, for whom I am most grateful. He has done a great job with the software part.  And Kevin or Jim are there to keep it civil.  Campfire talk gets editorial,especially by people like me, but I learn from that too.  I don't always enjoy just one sentence posts, would rather get some detail.

Even those who like to bicker often have something of interest to say.

Proud to be a part of it.

LJ

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Is this bickering? I mean , are we bickering now?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Is this bickering? I mean , are we bickering now?

Oh, quit your bickering. I'm right and your wrong and that's that.
  ;)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
i enjoy a wee bit of bickering...the professor and clamp are the worst offender..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Oh Magoo you done it again

LJRead

It would be possible to poll a hundred people and get 99 of them on one side and they could all be wrong!

Some issues lend themselves to polling, some don't.

But discussions, reaching almost to the point of bickering, if views held are strong enough, brings a form of consensus whereby different aspects of a problem can be brought to bear with conclusions drawn.

We have had rather long threads on such things as what oil to use, but, if 80% said that, say, a synthetic is the only right choice, would that 80% be right in their judgment?

Well, right for them, maybe, but not for everyone.

But what the h--- do I know?

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 11:36:31 pm
Clamp doesn't bicker -- he just tittilate's the rest of us.

This is a great place to be. I learn alot; have had an opportunity to put in my 1cent worth (wasn't worth 2 cents); & when I ask the proverbial "dumb" ?, I get answers not criticism.

Next!  :D
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

bob bezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • I ride therefore I am.
Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 02:08:45 pm
i come here to get away from all the bickering... on tv between all those poliiticians
2000 RE classic ,              56 matchless g80
2006 RE delux fireball       86 yamaha SRX 600                       
2015 indian chief vintage
65 500cctriumph
04 bonnie black
71 750 norton.
48 whizzer

1Blackwolf1

• Grand Gearhead
  • Looking for the next rebuild project....
Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 10:57:09 pm
The forum needs a poll question listed each week or when ever for people to answer.  This would help eliminate the bikkering and long drawn out editorials.  Everybodys an expert but me and I need the help.  I enjoy my ride, Its like smoking if I choose to do it, its my life. But if you got a better ash tray I like to see it. Gee dudes and dudets I'm here for the the ride not to live by I screwed up, thats my choice.
  And we all should send  an 8 X 10 color glossy of ourselves, and whoever is meaner looking wins, hands down.  Will. ::)
Will Morrison
2007 500 Military
2000 Kawasaki Drifter 1500
2000 Victory V92SC
1976 Suzuki GT185 Rebuilder Special..AKA (Junkyard Dog)
Many, many other toys.
The garage is full.