Author Topic: auto tire experts sought...  (Read 3581 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 03:11:15 pm
If getting a set of used wheels is difficult in your region then just get the tires for now.  The Blizzaks are awesome snow tires as well, but I didn't recommend them because they are pricey.  But if you can get a good deal them in the correct size, then I would say definitely go that route.  Perhaps mention to the manager that you are in fact a loyal customer.  Sometimes the small guys will give dedicated loyal customers a bit of a discount, or maybe mount them free of charge.  Never hurts to ask.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 03:19:37 pm
Thanks Scottie!  I'll certainly ask...

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 02:58:39 am
I don't know what you want four tyres for Mattz. Two should be plenty! Anything that needs more has to many wheels and should be avoided!  :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 11:47:54 am
Yeah, I know, Dave... that's fine for us, but I need four tires for my wife's vehicle:

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 08:59:03 pm
Matt, did you get your tire situation figured out?
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 09:15:55 pm
Yes Scottie, I did.  Turns out, I only need three tires for my wife's vehicle - that fourth one's cosmetic.

Sorry.  I went ahead and ordered the Blizzaks through my local guy - he'll install them next Saturday.  Tires only; I'll worry about extra wheels some other time.

Thanks again, everyone, for your input!!