Author Topic: Small Electronic tachometers  (Read 2904 times)

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
on: November 11, 2014, 12:09:10 am
This is from my post in the BIB section. But because this tach has dip switches on the back it easily adjusts to your type ignition too. So Im posting for you guys/gals also. My post in BIB shows the different styles too.        OK, I finally got one of those MMB mini tachs. Its great & very responsive it doesn't lag behind going up or down. I was going to take a pic of the back so you could see the two small dip switches that let you easily adjust it for different engines & ignitions. But I forgot :-[ . The tach is a 48mm, the ignition switch hole in the nacelle is 46mm after knocking out the pressed in chrome piece the switch is in, so it just takes a bit of grinding to fit . To my surprise the stock Ing switch fits fine without the chrome piece in the headlight nacelle off to the side, plenty of clearance between it & the headlight. So no rewiring needed. PS: I have a throttle lock cruze control, locked to a slightly higher rpm while its warming up, that's why its showing higher than a normal idle.

dpejovic

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 05:21:50 am
It looks very nice - I've been wanting to do this too. Where did you get it and how'd you wire it?
Thanks, Dejan

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:47:02 am
It looks very nice - I've been wanting to do this too. Where did you get it and how'd you wire it?
Thanks, Dejan
There is a link in the "Electronic Tachometers" post in Bullet Iron Barrels section to their website and pics of the different styles available. But unless you can read German, you'll need to email Mr. Ricky Luschnat   ricky.luschnat@pulsotronic.de . Its easy to wire, red to ignition power, black to ground, orange to lighting, either green or white to the negative side of the ignition coil depending on the system type. On the one to the coil it says to try one color if it doesn't work use the other, green worked for My IB breaker points bullet white didnt. For breaker points you set the dip switches to the 1 pulse in 2 rpm's. For elect ignition types set in the 1 to 1 position because they have a wasted fire on the exhaust stroke too. They say they are working on a English web site, but apparently not to quickly..lol
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:53:25 am by motorman2whel »

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 03:39:17 pm
For the casquette headlamp models this is a much neater solution than trying to clamp a full size version to the bars!

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...