Author Topic: Tom Magliozzi Click & Clack The Tappet Brothers  (Read 936 times)

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 07, 2014, 12:40:05 am
Sad news  :(

Tom Magliozzi co-host of Car Talk passed away at the age of 77. A very educated man, graduate of MIT, smart yet goofy, a bit of hippy, Bostonian of Italian descent was a great gift to radio listeners. He had an infectious laughter. Made you laugh with him. Cheered up millions of people every week. Gave advice on everything from cars, people, life, men, women and relationships.

When I had first heard them many years ago, I thought they were fools. Why were they there ? Over the years, I became a die-hard fan of Tom and his brother Ray, of Car Talk. Listen to it every week. One hour of joy, light hearted banter and bliss. Everything comes to a stop when the show is on.

Salute to a great soul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnNVxGvXjTg 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:11:57 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:54:55 am
Indeed it is a sad thing. The show in Saturday will be a special program remembering Tom.

I learned so much from those guys
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 01:42:32 am
I'm truly and genuinely saddened by this.  I download their podcast and listen when I have the time, usually on car trips.  I'm months behind right now, but I haven't missed a show in years.

I'm told that Terry Gross, on her NPR show "Fresh Air", did a wonderful tribute, with interview clips.  I haven't listened to it yet, but I have downloaded an MP3 copy of the file.  If anyone is interested, here is a direct link to the 21.5 MB file - it's free, directly from NPR's website:

http://pd.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/fa/2014/11/20141104_fa_01.mp3?dl=1

Unkel Dale

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 12:27:01 am
One of Saturday mornings wonderful things to listen to, I just read about it here and am sad to read the report. REAL FUN GUYS

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 11:00:59 am
I'm told that Terry Gross, on her NPR show "Fresh Air", did a wonderful tribute, with interview clips.  I haven't listened to it yet, but I have downloaded an MP3 copy of the file.  If anyone is interested, here is a direct link to the 21.5 MB file - it's free, directly from NPR's website:

http://pd.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/fa/2014/11/20141104_fa_01.mp3?dl=1

Thanks for the link Mattz. He will be missed.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY