Author Topic: Dateline India  (Read 20777 times)

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 03:25:30 am
www.dirttrackproductions.com
I am seeing how to get the DVD this weekend, having read about it on the above site, and the reviews posted, I can't wait to lay my hands on it. Seems like an awesome movie about an awesome ride - on a bullet to the top of the world! Its available on line, and I think that folks here may want to check it out!!
If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing well

rickmax

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 03:47:55 am
 :o
AMEN!   
Ta ma duh!

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #32 on: November 18, 2007, 05:56:32 am
Re the DVD,,,interesting day yesterday!! since I wanted to see the movie right away, emailed their office and offered to drive down 100 miles to pay cash and get it. The director of the movie called me back and offered to ride halfway on his bullet to give me the DVD, so I did just that and met the man. Interesting person, who is living a life following his dream. Sounds like another " Good enough" philosophy person.
I saw the film last night on a large screen TV - spectacular filming of a very fascinating people in one of the harshest environments in the world. It is not so much about the bike as it is about the place and the people, and I recommend the DVD as a must buy to see for those of us who are in tune with the less is more way of thinking. Again, although it has a bullet in it ( the same one he rode out on, that I got some pictures of yesterday), the bullet is only the tool he uses to get to where he needs to be at as low a cost as possible. The man - Gaurav Jani - has made a great movie, but is not successful at marketing it and the DVD has sold just some 3500 numbers, all by word of mouth. I am trying to figure out how to help him do that better, just to have more people see his work  and to allow him to keep doing more on similar lines,,,,great to see someone living his dream, and staying out of the rat race from a young age.

Sixty5inILL

• Sucker for a Pretty Face
  • Scooter
Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 12:44:43 am
I own the DVD and I thought it was incredible.  It is a feather in the hat of Royal Enfield that they build a product capable of taking what Gaurav and the Indian countryside could dish out without missing a beat.

Additionally, the cinematography was incredible considering he had never used a professional grade camera and was doing the whole thing on his own.  It speaks to the spirit of many who ride these bikes regardless of what hemisphere you're from.

If any of you haven't seen this, it is a must.  It isn't really a movie about a bike but more about what the Enfield will let you achieve both physically and spiritually. You all need something to do this winter anyway (in most of the US anyway.)

There is an independent arts theater here and I may approach them about a showing.  It might generate some more publicity for Gaurav and a few dollars in the process.

Keep your stick on the ice....
'04 Bullet Sixty-5 Magic Black
'00 Bullet 350cc- bone stock, Athena Gray
'07 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600
'67 Moto Guzzi Sport
1979 Honda Twinstar CM185T
1983 Honda Shadow 750

indian48

• Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 12:53:52 am
Thats a great idea, to have the film exhibited. If you mail Gaurav he will respond right away,,,what I also like is that he/his associate are very particular about that, one of the little things that point to the character of the team. And I am sure he will be glad to get whatever support he can to keep going down his chosen trail.