Author Topic: Does this look normal to you?  (Read 4285 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 11:31:15 am
REG5 -

I found some pics I posted when I removed my swing arm.

On the left side, you've got the axle "head" and the snail adjuster outside the swing arm plate, and the two spacers between the inside of the swing arm plate and the hub:

On the right side, you've got the castellated axle nut, the larger spindle nut and the snail adjuster outside the swing arm plate (not shown), and the spacer between the inside of the swing arm plate and the brake cover plate:

REG5

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 12:58:10 pm
Greatly appreciated mattsz! Your pictures and description have confirmed that I am not missing any parts.

I have ordered a new spindle and hex nut, hopefully they will arrive before the end of the week.
RE as a primary mode of transportation was a dubious choice.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 05:32:50 am
REG5 Hang in there, you'll get better at wrenching with experience. No matter the brand of bike all bikes need maintenance especially when used as daily drivers. The thought that jap bikes are maintenance free & flawless is a myth. All manufacturers can & do screw up. If you don't already have one you should buy a factory repair manual. Good Luck  :)

REG5

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 04:36:02 pm
Thanks motorman2whel, I'm trying my best. A forum member was nice enough to send me a PDF version. I'd be completely lost without it
RE as a primary mode of transportation was a dubious choice.