Author Topic: Ace GT Head Project  (Read 247249 times)

Otto_Ing

Reply #180 on: July 28, 2015, 10:06:32 pm
Exciting; good luck!

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #181 on: July 28, 2015, 10:46:58 pm
Ace, I like the way you support the marque. I sincerely hope we end up doing some business in future times.
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

Otto_Ing

Reply #182 on: August 01, 2015, 10:13:41 pm
I have a meeting tomorrow with a machine shop to discuss various matters, including some ideas about getting castings done, and also for some small parts that I have been wanting to do. I don't know what will come of this meeting, but we shall see.

Any luck with the casting ideas?

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #183 on: August 01, 2015, 11:21:45 pm
No, not yet.
I am meeting with some CNC shops to assist us with production, and also after I can get that squared away, I will discuss having them make a casting mold from our CNC program. This casting option is probably not something that we will see in the near term, but we will see what we can do.
To do castings, it will require that we see a lot more popular interest than the two people who have committed so far. If it's going to be one at a time, we are never going to be able to get away from the CNC billet production.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Otto_Ing

Reply #184 on: August 01, 2015, 11:53:46 pm
The question really is how much of a price drop can be expected. It will for sure take lot of time to work out the correct  figures and design. Until than there will be some hard data from the billet head like videos, dyno diagrams and experience which will attract attention and make the decision easier to a wider audience to go for this head. Till then it will be mostly people like me who believe to know what they are doing who purchase the GT head :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:33:07 am by Otto_Ing »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #185 on: August 01, 2015, 11:57:41 pm
The question really is how much of a price drop can be expected. It will for sure take lot of time to work out the correct  figures and design. Until than there will be some hard data from the billet head like videos, dyno diagrams and experience which will attract attention and make the decision easier to a wider audience to go for this head. Till then it will be mostly people like me who believe to know what they are going who purchase the GT head :)
In about 10 days, I will be at the meeting with the CNC shop, and I am taking the head there with me for them to look at, and also the CNC program. After that, I am shipping the head and related parts to MeVoCGT for installation on his bike. Then we will have reports.

Otto_Ing

Reply #186 on: August 02, 2015, 12:04:42 am
If I knew this summer is going to be rain, rain and more rain... :(

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #187 on: August 02, 2015, 06:03:16 am
Is some one going to dyno this head to get the mapping right?
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #188 on: August 02, 2015, 12:14:49 pm
Yes, from what I have been told, that is what the owner plans to do.
I will not be providing maps. However, people plan to share map info that they develop.

Otto_Ing

Reply #189 on: August 02, 2015, 12:47:56 pm
Yes, from what I have been told, that is what the owner plans to do.
I will not be providing maps. However, people plan to share map info that they develop.

I have no issues sharing my map once done. A dyno run costs me about 100$, the competition among the yamakawasuki tuners is strong.

medra42

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #190 on: August 02, 2015, 01:55:56 pm
Someone install this thing, dyno it, and let me buy one!
Soph: 2012 Bonneville T100
Padma: 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT
Igorina: 2013 Honda CB500X

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #191 on: August 02, 2015, 02:21:13 pm
Someone install this thing, dyno it, and let me buy one!
I am working on it!
I had to unexpectedly switch machine shops for producing them, and once that is finalized and they get tooled up, we can go forward.

I could have put more units in the first run, if I had the orders. Now it has to wait for the new CNC shop to tool up.
It's just the way things went.

It's not like we are Lockheed-Martin over here, or anything like that. It is just me and Chumma, running things out of our very flat wallets, trying to produce the most advanced products ever made for RE engines, on our own.

medra42

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #192 on: August 02, 2015, 02:58:29 pm
It's not like we are Lockheed-Martin over here, or anything like that. It is just me and Chumma, running things out of our very flat wallets, trying to produce the most advanced products ever made for RE engines, on our own.

Good point. I should give my contact at Boeing a ring.. ;)
Soph: 2012 Bonneville T100
Padma: 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT
Igorina: 2013 Honda CB500X

Otto_Ing

Reply #193 on: August 02, 2015, 03:11:26 pm
Website or Blog would be really good for this project.
I know it is easy said, but in todays world marketing is everything when it comes to sales. It would give an overview and it would not be necessary to read through 100 posts to figure out who ACE is and what this project is about.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:14:16 pm by Otto_Ing »

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #194 on: August 02, 2015, 03:17:54 pm
Tom have you looked into investment casting for the heads ?

If you 3D print the positives in casting wax you would completely eliminate the necessity of a master mold and its expense.
No matter where you go, there, you are.