Author Topic: Pull to the right on braking  (Read 3849 times)

lemming

• Grease Monkey
  • Weezin' the Ju-uice
Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 01:12:10 am
Leaning your weight left to straighten it out?  :o

So, hands off the bars, it drifts right. To stay straight while hands are off, I have to pressure the left peg. I should say that this is over a very short stretch, and with my hands around the bars close enough to simply squeeze and grab hold. Still not exactly safe.....
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant"

2011 B5 Black - "Tonks" - My first bike. Gone, but fondly remembered.
2010 Harley Iron 883 1200 conversion - work in progress
1998 Yamaha YZF600R - streetfighter Mad Max

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 03:18:55 am
Check the wheel alignment.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 04:04:13 am
It does sound as if the fork clamp bolts are not tight enough if its easy to flex the forks with the bars while your holding the wheel between your knees. It should take quite a bit of force to do that if the clamps are torqued to spec. But you may have a alignment problem too.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 06:04:47 pm
My B5 pulls to the right when hands off. It is not rider error or my fat arse being off set. My 03' Iron barrel ran as straight as a die.I find it quite difficult to alter the bikes direction using body "English" when my hands are off the bars. I set both of my Enfields up the same way as far as alignment goes.
Roverman.

Vince

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 06:09:34 pm
     Any vehicle will drift to the right on most roads. Roads are crowned for water run-off. Corners are banked to aid turning.
     Body position affects turning or drift. Road racers shift to the inside of the corner and even hang their leg out. Dirt riders weight the outside peg to help maintain traction and direction in a corner. Street and dirt riders press the tank with their knees to aid direction changing. A passenger leaning away from a turn as you lean in will cause you to swing wide. 
     Even if you were able to find a table top level road, the bike would drift one way or another depending on your body position.