Author Topic: Royal Enfield's invade Honda dealership  (Read 14585 times)

hoppyre

• Scooter
  • 06 Bullet Sixty-5. 09 Suzuki Tu250x
on: August 07, 2007, 12:38:29 pm
On July 28, 2007 a new Honda dealership opened in Russellville, AR. A couple of friends and I decided to go see the new place. I rode my 2006 RE Bullet 65, my friend Joe rode his 2003 RE Classic ES. We thought it would add some class to the parking lot.
  Even with the heat index around 106, The bikes ran great!!! I think we had more people looking at the Enfield's than at the new bikes!!!
  The ride from Conway,AR was 121 mi. round trip. It was hot, but fun.

[old attachment deleted by admin]

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 01:41:44 pm
Great way to spend a day.  Did you see any Hondas you liked?
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 01:43:23 pm
Very cool!
I wonder how many times they were asked if they sold 'those Royal Enfields'.
 :D

Thanks for the report.

Matt

hoppyre

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:09:02 pm
Great way to spend a day.  Did you see any Hondas you liked?

Yes I did. A friend from Memphis brought his 1970 CB750K0 that we restored to the dealership. In the last pic it's the dark red bike.

hoppyre

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:37:38 pm
Very cool!
I wonder how many times they were asked if they sold 'those Royal Enfields'.
 :D

Thanks for the report.

Matt
Thanks, Matt!!! If they were asked as many times as I was, it would be a lot. I think everybody that came to the opening came over to look at our bikes. And a lot of them asked where they could get one!!! I'm still getting used to the attention you get when we are on our Enfields. People will stop at a traffic light and ask where to get one!!!!

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 04:12:52 pm
I know what you mean. I have had people stop what they are doing and walk accross the street to have a closer look at my bike.

When I went on a group ride with the local Gold Wing club, it was my little Electra that got all the attention. One guy was showing off his new GPS, heated cup holder and cruise control, but when I pulled in, they all walked away to see the RE.

RagMan

• Bulleteer, Uralist &
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 07:28:09 pm
I had a Sheriff drooling over the bike today - It was parked with the Ural, and two Sheriff type folk came to call.. They spent a long time chatting about the bikes.
aka Indiana Bulleteer.
''99 Classic Bullet. '05 Ural Tourist sidecar rig, converted to 2wd. '05 Harley Davidson Sportster.
Jefferson County, WA

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 06:39:17 pm
I had a Sheriff drooling over the bike today - It was parked with the Ural, and two Sheriff type folk came to call.. They spent a long time chatting about the bikes.

About a month ago I rode my Electra and my son rode his Harley 883 Sportster from Albany, Ga. to Athens, GA. (around 180 mi. one way) to a large dealership to trade his Sportster in for a 2007 Suzuki SV650.  While he was handling all of the paperwork on the trade, I had parked my Enfield Electra under a paved covered pavilion, with picnic tables.  Only motorcycles could be parked under the shelter.  My bike was the most popular bike there.  The sales people, buyers, visitors and other types all wanted to talk with me about my bike.  One hardcore looking Harley type (who turned out to be really nice guy) said to me "man, you could stay out here all day and people would be continually asking you about your ride.  Amazing.  Its beautiful, I can tell you that man".  I felt like a celebrity of sorts.   Just to show off, while waiting I oiled my chain, pretended to tighten some nuts and bolts, checked the air in my tires, tapped on my carburator, etc.  Folks gathered around to see this miracle man working his wonders.

By the way, the dealership in Athens is called "CYCLE WORLD OF ATHENS".  A very friendly and helpful dealership.  They are a dealer for HD, Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki, and I think maybe Kawasaki.  Ton of used bikes.  I would certainly recommend them if it means anything.
Terry
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:15:36 pm by TRider »

exiledcarper

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 08:20:05 pm
On July 28, 2007 a new Honda dealership opened in Russellville, AR. A couple of friends and I decided to go see the new place. I rode my 2006 RE Bullet 65, my friend Joe rode his 2003 RE Classic ES. We thought it would add some class to the parking lot.
  Even with the heat index around 106, The bikes ran great!!! I think we had more people looking at the Enfield's than at the new bikes!!!
  The ride from Conway,AR was 121 mi. round trip. It was hot, but fun.
I used to live near Conway, in Greenbriar Arkansas.  At that time I owned an 8oo Vulcan and had a blast on those ebautiful country roads, if only it had been on a Bullet! One of these days ;).  I used to load up all my Carp fishing gear, tons of stuff and ride the Vulcan to Brewer Lake , which memory tells me was just North of Russlleville, where I had some great days hauling the beautiful golden scaled beasts( it's a Limey thing)!  I certainly enjoyed my year or so in Arkansas and wouldn't mind living there again one day.  Hard to think of a better state for a Bulleteer!